Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am from India and my wife never visted any country except india and Australia.

Recently, I have submitted my 190 application from onshore and medical completed in BUPA.

My wife had suffered from Polio when she was kid around (9-10 months) and due to polio her right leg is little thin than other leg. She has no issue in her mobility and sensation. She can walk and run independeatly without any support. She has already taken polio vaccination in India when she was kid and we don't have any records (like certificate or any other paper record).

Even in past she has gone through medical assessent for 482 dependent visa (once in India and another in BUPA,Australia) Both time 482 visa issued without any complication.

We are not sure about previous medical assessment comments but this time Doctor has explicitly mentioned in his report "Client was affected from Polio and there is no issue in her mobility and sensation".

We are very afraid what will happen when CO will assess our 190 visa application and review the report given by BUPA Doctor.

I have already gone through website where it is mentiond polio affected country should bring certificate but we are from India(Polio free country) and I am not sure what to do ?

I am looking for input from our expert of this group who has already gone through this phase.

What we should do to avoid any visa processing delay ? should we take some polio vaccine in AUS?

Thanks,
M.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Dear All,

I am from India and my wife never visted any country except india and Australia.

Recently, I have submitted my 190 application from onshore and medical completed in BUPA.

My wife had suffered from Polio when she was kid around (9-10 months) and due to polio her right leg is little thin than other leg. She has no issue in her mobility and sensation. She can walk and run independeatly without any support. She has already taken polio vaccination in India when she was kid and we don't have any records (like certificate or any other paper record).

Even in past she has gone through medical assessent for 482 dependent visa (once in India and another in BUPA,Australia) Both time 482 visa issued without any complication.

We are not sure about previous medical assessment comments but this time Doctor has explicitly mentioned in his report "Client was affected from Polio and there is no issue in her mobility and sensation".

We are very afraid what will happen when CO will assess our 190 visa application and review the report given by BUPA Doctor.

I have already gone through website where it is mentiond polio affected country should bring certificate but we are from India(Polio free country) and I am not sure what to do ?

I am looking for input from our expert of this group who has already gone through this phase.

What we should do to avoid any visa processing delay ? should we take some polio vaccine in AUS?

Thanks,
M.
With limited understanding and no clarity of this within DHA documents, I can say that there is no cause for worry, since the main criteria for refusal on the basis of health does not apply to your wife

1) There is no significant cost that needs to be borne by the Australian government towards medical expenses, all through your wife's lifetime
2) Your wife is not at risk of causing any major health event due to her present condition

Maybe others can pitch in, but as I said, there should be nothing to worry at all.

All the best..!

·
Registered
108 Posts

The doctor has explicitly mentioned that there is NO issue with her mobility and sensation, therefore, there is nothing to worry.

·
Registered
24,692 Posts
Dear All,

Thanks,
M.
It may be worth consulting with MARA agents with a reputation for helping clients navigate the health requirement - just sharing their names, I haven't had anything to do with them:

George Lombard
http://austimmigration.com.au/

Peter Bollard
Home | Lewis and Bollard Migration| Migration Agents and Lawyers Sydney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts