Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the Headliner, mothers or females protesting the harvesting of vote ballots and also mailing out ballots to everyone in the nation is considered Right Wing and... look the headliner sticks in weaponizing, as if they carried weapons, so "Freedom of Speech" is considered a weapon. And where are the Right Wing Extremists?

How right-wing extremists weaponize the idea of motherhood

MSNBC link claiming far right involvment in the Insurection

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Biden's 'disinformation board' is an unconstitutional thought-police bureau

Every American has the constitutional right to spew disinformation

Fox News Link

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This seems to be an everyday MSNBC headliner with several anti-Trump stories and it's all either about Trump or his former Administration, there are no convictions but it appears they are all getting convicted daily... this is also known as brainwashing.

Forehead Eyebrow Product Jaw Font

·
Registered
129 Posts
It appears the civil war is well under way. This time the division is red and blue states and it is being fought by both sides using disinformation. I really wonder if there is any new source that is acceptable to anyone. The internet has become a useless information store. People only want to believe things that supports their point of view. Lost is the ability for debate.
We have book bans, burning and exclusion of historical fact from text books. Parents want their children to be around or learn what they believe.
Anything that is unhappy or difficult to deal with is fake news. Each side points out the mistakes of the other over any common points.
History has examples of what happens of we continue down this path but I guess most people would say history is fake news.
From what I can tell the majority of the population are sheep and look for someone to follow. Rational people can have a point of view that is not invalidated if someone else does not believe it. These people can listen to all the facts and come to their own conclusions. And yes, sometimes you don't get to win.
They made fun of the generation that gave all kids trophies but it seems the most vocal have to win and can't understand losing or compromise. Being a selfish baby that can't stand others winning or trying to find a way every one wins seems like the same thing. Life is not fair and it is hard work. Crying because someone else did better than you is no way to live.
Change drives progress and success, trying to keep things like they were us what failed business and societies do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Misinformation is actually killing people. Now I know some will reject this as fake news but it is news.
Americans in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump in 2020 were 2.26 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than in counties that voted for Joe Biden, according to a new analysis of data.
While it is easy to argue about the conclusion the trend is clear. Vaccinations are being used as fear tactic to get votes. Unfortunately if it works the voters will due off eventually and their kids. There was already an anti-vaxer fringe movement, now it is moving to be a key right wing standard. So freedom of speech is quite a weapon when used to foster dangerous ideas.
This is another example of the civil war being waged in USA. In the past right wing candidates vilified people with college educations and have claimed colleges brainwash kids. This universal rejection of education and science does put some of these self identified Republicans back in the dark ages and has resulted in the endangering of the general health of the US population. As the number of children with no Vaccinations grows once controlled diseases are coming back.
This is a clear example of freedom of speech killing people.

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Misinformation is actually killing people. Now I know some will reject this as fake news but it is news.
Americans in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump in 2020 were 2.26 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than in counties that voted for Joe Biden, according to a new analysis of data.
While it is easy to argue about the conclusion the trend is clear. Vaccinations are being used as fear tactic to get votes. Unfortunately if it works the voters will due off eventually and their kids. There was already an anti-vaxer fringe movement, now it is moving to be a key right wing standard. So freedom of speech is quite a weapon when used to foster dangerous ideas.
This is another example of the civil war being waged in USA. In the past right wing candidates vilified people with college educations and have claimed colleges brainwash kids. This universal rejection of education and science does put some of these self identified Republicans back in the dark ages and has resulted in the endangering of the general health of the US population. As the number of children with no Vaccinations grows once controlled diseases are coming back.
This is a clear example of freedom of speech killing people.
I'll agree with you on the (not all) Republicans rejecting the COVID-19 vaccine.

A fellow Expat not too far from me and he's also a Mormon Leader rejected the notion of vaccine benefits until he nearly died. This guy works out, eats healthy foods and of course a very active leader for others... But he was literally on his death bed ICU in Manila and he shared a post saying that he wished he had taken the vaccines.

My friend (I'm not Mormon) spent one month in ICU and towards the end was hooked up to a blood cleaning machine and had his blood cleaned 3 times plus the latest drugs and pulled out of the sickness, he's now very active.

After that I also decided to get my vaccination. But I wouldn't confuse anti-vaxers with the Republican party, many of us "retired military" including my friend and we have more vaccinations then the general public.

Before I retired there was an issue with some military member's rejecting the Anthrax vaccine (6) shots and I didn't need to get them at the time I was on shore duty but I told them I wanted the vaccine.

So how many of you have completed the Anthrax vaccine or would be willing to get it.

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Archbishop Cordileone denies Speaker Pelosi Communion aftermath:

The San Francisco Examiner's editorial board urged Pope Francis to remove Cordileone for this. The editorial board blasted the archbishop for "punishing" Pelosi, instead of "right-wing politicians" who "[vote] against health care or funding for the poor."

How's that for a slap in the face, the San Francisco Examiner is not only calling for the removal of an Archbishop but somehow understands the scriptures? and instead of reporting the news they attempt to destroy church leadership and careers.
News link

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think they should have checked with their boss. He is not backing that play.

The pope said that while there is no question that “abortion is homicide,” bishops must look take a pastoral approach rather than wade into the political sphere.

“If we look at the history of the church, we can see that every time the bishops did not act like shepherds when dealing with a problem, they aligned themselves with political life, on political problems,” he said.

I agree with the pope.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think they should have checked with their boss. He is not backing that play.

The pope said that while there is no question that “abortion is homicide,” bishops must look take a pastoral approach rather than wade into the political sphere.

“If we look at the history of the church, we can see that every time the bishops did not act like shepherds when dealing with a problem, they aligned themselves with political life, on political problems,” he said.

I agree with the pope.
Kind of hard to say it is homicide but lets not enforce the rules to get a Catholic to comply with the stance of the Church.

Chuck

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sussmann trial: Washington Post defends Clinton, claims she didn’t trigger Trump-Russia probe
The Washington Post was accused of bias on Monday after publishing a piece that claimed there is "no evidence" Hillary Clinton triggered the Russian probe despite her former campaign manager testifying that she approved distributing materials alleging a secret communications channel between the Trump Organization and Russia’s Alfa Bank to the media, despite not being "totally confident" in the legitimacy of the data.

and yet:

Former Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook testified the Friday before that Hillary Clinton approved of leaking Trump-Russia allegations to media

What is going on, how warped and nutty can the various Left-leaning MSM news outlets get?
Fox News Link

1 - 11 of 11 Posts