Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the cause of the nightmare of a traffic in DMC today? Took me 1.5 hours to get to work from home (Marina) this morning and it still looks horrific.

Not sure if I should try to leave at 3pm today or just wait for the rush hour to be over.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes! Must have been a bad one. It's blocked every entrance to DMC. Hope no one was hurt.

·
Banned
913 Posts
I literally took a wild guess.

Based upon these Facts

The OP states cars were traffic
The OP states that there it hasn't improved
We live in UAE
It's Ramadan

Using my experience of driving in the UAE and seeing car crashes every day (no exaggeration) Therefore my conclusion is that it is a car crash

I stand by my guesstimate.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HAA - well it's still a mystery to me. Because I never saw a car crash and where I predict the issue was, right around the Media City Amphitheater park. Generally speaking, you're not driving extremely fast in this area and they just added a speed bump there too. A small car crash shouldn't have created such backup. It's the worst I have seen in Media City in the past 5 years. It lasted 2-3 hours at least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There were two things that I saw happen. 1, was behind Media One hotel where they closed the lane next to the row of car parking, leading to very confused and very upset workers. The second, was a rumor that someone decided driving into the tram was a good idea. A coworker of mine swears she saw it happen.

Sources. 1: Satellite imagery of the area as well as local photos. 2: Coworker who is generally underdramatic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts