Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have managed to get myself a job, yippee. Well, actually, not one, not two, but three. Two are very similar, the third isn't.

All of them are legal, all with contracts, all down to my astonishing good looks and total grasp of french. Yeah right, go tell that to the Marines...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I have to shuffle off soon to the Medecine du Travail to get prodded and poked, and hopefully found fit enough to stand upright; now, will the one certificate I receive from teh MdT suffice for all three companies, should I explain the situation and ask for three copies whilst I'm in his surgery, or else - given this is France and why write out one piece of paper when three are three times better? - will I have to go there 3 times?

All pointers gratefully accepted.

·
Administrator
51,325 Posts
Ooh, another "interesting" question.

OK, my experience with the medecin du travail is that each employer is assigned their medecin du travel when the business is established. As long as your employers are all in the same general area, chances are they have the same medecin du travail (or the same agency that coordinates the service). If that is the case, you can probably get three copies of the certificate when you have your exam.

If they have different agencies doing the honors, you might have to go through the exam multiple times. Each employer pays for their medecin du travail as a percentage of their payroll and each exam is, in theory, supposed to evaluate your fitness for the particular job you're doing.
Cheers,
Bev

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TVM Bev

Unfortunately, the locations of the jobs mean that I'll probabbly be hoofing around 3 times:mad:

Still, I'll chance my arm with an explanation when I go to the first one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.