Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

One of my freind has a query.

He completed his degree in 2003 and from 2003 to 2006, he then started working for a Mechanical company. After that he joined an IT organization and since then he's working for the same organization.

He had applied ACS 6 months ago (for 2006 onwards experience) and the outcome is positive. Now he has filled the EOI and didn't claim the pre 2007 experience. He is wondering whether he would have to upload any docs related to 2003-2006 experience which was into Mechanical industry? Please confirm. He's finding it difficult to arrange salary slips he received during 2003-2006 time period.

Regards,
Hitesh

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Guys,

He completed his degree in 2003 and from 2003 to 2006, he then started working for a Mechanical company. After that he joined an IT organization and since then he's working for the same organization.

He had applied ACS 6 months ago (for 2006 onwards experience) and the outcome is positive. Now he has filled the EOI and didn't claim the pre 2007 experience. He is wondering whether he would have to upload any docs related to 2003-2006 experience which was into Mechanical industry? Please confirm. He's finding it difficult to arrange salary slips he received during 2003-2006 time period.

Regards,
Hitesh
Any suggestions, guys?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The Mech job is not relevant so he may show it in the non-relevant section (assuming he is apply for an IT job).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Hitesh
question is why he want to show this experience? it all depends on code he is applying for. If he in IT then only IT relevant experience is enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi,
This is Lachlan Sievier
I am basically from technical background for mechanical having experience of 2yrs
I want to shift to IT mainly Java,i need to choose a field in IT which has advantage of my experience of automobile suggest me..

Please Suggest me,
Thanks

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Hitesh
Hello hitesh,

Ask your friend to enter the experience when he worked as mechanical engineer and mark it irrelevant while filling in EOI. while filling up EOI, there is no need to upload documents whereas while filing visa application, supporting documents that are given below are needed.

1. Employment letters such as offer letter, reference/recommendation letter, letter of job description/responsibilities, appointment letter, promotion letter etc.
2. payslips, form 16, bank statements.

If he is unable to get salary slips from his previous employer, he could show the bank statements for that tenure, form 16, statutory declaration on stamp paper, job description letter from his immediate manager etc. can be used to vindicate his employment with that company.

Hope you got the information you asked for.

Regards,
Sathiya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts