Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I came here last year on 189 PR visa. I am a mechanical engineer with 5 years of project and maintenance experience. Unfortunately, I am not able to get any job in my relevant field. Applying through Seek.com, Indeed etc.
Follow up by calling recruiters or company. (Sometimes very common reason they give i.e lack of local experience)
Changed resume format, edit resume everytime as per jobs R&R.
Using linkedin
But, nothing works. I have hundreds of rejection emails in my inbox. Doing whatever experts said to get job. Still don't know where I am going wrong. Currently, working with retail industry ( though I believe nothing bad in doing any job).
However, if someone can shed light on this it would be highly appreciable.

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi friends,

I came here last year on 189 PR visa. I am a mechanical engineer with 5 years of project and maintenance experience. Unfortunately, I am not able to get any job in my relevant field. Applying through Seek.com, Indeed etc.
Follow up by calling recruiters or company. (Sometimes very common reason they give i.e lack of local experience)
Using linkedin
But, nothing works. I have hundreds of rejection emails in my inbox. Doing whatever experts said to get job. Still don't know where I am going wrong. Currently, working with retail industry ( though I believe nothing bad in doing any job).

Cheers
Hi mate, yes it is very hard to get a job on your occupation but you can try to offer a month of your work without salary, I am civil engineer and I just got a job that a I offered to work for free for 4 weeks.... That is the reality.

Good luck

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi friends,

Using linkedin

Cheers

Hi,

You could offer to work for free for a specified period as an internship or you could enroll for any master degree as it increases your job opportunities.

As far I know, most universities offer internships for master degree students and also you will get the chance to network with more people from the same field of experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regarding retail job R&R

Dear friends,

Should I add retail job details in my resume? if yes, should I include R&R of retail job (However it doesn't highlight any relevant information related to engineering e.g customer satisfaction, cash handling etc.)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts