Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Seniors Members,

Good Morning.

I am a Mechanical Engineer having overall a 3.1 years IT experience.( Working as a Security Analyst).

I want to migrate to Australia under 190 GSM ONLY. Since my points tally coming out is 55 without SS. I have done a tons of research and have found some state actually ask for a Job Offer during invitation. And ACS will not give points on my degree as I belong to non ICT background. So, it will get difficult to apply without having 15 points for my degree. Moreover, I can't apply for RPL as well as I don't have enough experience.

Hence, please guide me through with below cases -

1. Migrate as Mechanical Engineer with 0 years of experience. (no Job offer)
(NSW)

2. Migrate as Analyst/Developer/Software engineer with 3.1 of experience. (no Job offer) (NSW/VIC)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Seniors Members,

Good Morning.

I am a Mechanical Engineer having overall a 3.1 years IT experience.( Working as a Security Analyst).

I want to migrate to Australia under 190 GSM ONLY. Since my points tally coming out is 55 without SS. I have done a tons of research and have found some state actually ask for a Job Offer during invitation. And ACS will not give points on my degree as I belong to non ICT background. So, it will get difficult to apply without having 15 points for my degree. Moreover, I can't apply for RPL as well as I don't have enough experience.

(NSW)

2. Migrate as Analyst/Developer/Software engineer with 3.1 of experience. (no Job offer) (NSW/VIC)
Hi Deepak,
1) As a mechanical engineer fresher you won't be able to get a job at the first place not even a trainee. It's impossible for someone with no experience.
2) IT has a lot of demand here, you have to research yourself over seek.com.au or other job sites the chances of getting a job on your specific field. Got to job sites check how many jobs are listed per day, what's salary range on offer, match the description with what you are experienced with.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hello Seniors Members,

Good Morning.

(NSW)

You don't have an option to get assessment from ACS with just 3.1 years of work experience. RPL is not a choice, but a mandate if your degree is non ICT. If you apply, due to less experience, you will receive a negative outcome.

About #1 and #2: Your skills assessment/ ANZSCO has no relevance to your work/ life after immigration. You are free to work in any occupation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts