Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am currently working on persuading my husband that a move to Canada would be a good one.
He is a self employed electrician and i work in media.
Not sure what the job situation is like in canada for media people, but i hear electricians are in big demand.
I have 2 cousins living in Vancouver and Toronto, my aunt is Irish but is a Canadian citizen, but lives 6 months of the year in Ireland and 6 in Ontario.
Could she sponser me and my family in to Canada?
Also, can somebody tell me the very first step we have to take to begin the process....
Thank you
PS - We have 2 teenage kids, both keen to go, and would also be taking our 3 dogs with us as well...

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am currently working on persuading my husband that a move to Canada would be a good one.
He is a self employed electrician and i work in media.
Not sure what the job situation is like in canada for media people, but i hear electricians are in big demand.
I have 2 cousins living in Vancouver and Toronto, my aunt is Irish but is a Canadian citizen, but lives 6 months of the year in Ireland and 6 in Ontario.
Could she sponser me and my family in to Canada?
Also, can somebody tell me the very first step we have to take to begin the process....
Thank you
PS - We have 2 teenage kids, both keen to go, and would also be taking our 3 dogs with us as well...
I'm sorry to tell you that your aunt cannot sponsor you.
Your husband's occupation is on THE LIST so he qualifies to apply for a Permanent Resident (PR) visa so he can begin the application process anytime. The forms can be downloaded on the CIC website. Which branch of media are you in?
Have you decided where you want to settle? If you haven't been to Canada already you should consider taking a reccie to get some understanding of the country. I tell everybody to please not look for the UK in Canada. It is different in so many ways. Some ex-pats love it, for some it's just okay and some abjectly hate it and can't wait to leave.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Canada questions?

Hi all,

Just some questions to expats who have moved from Ireland or are moving.

1. How much did the whole visa process and application process cost in total?

2. If your application is featured on "The List", how long did the whole process take? From original application to actually receiving the visa?

Thanks everyone.

I'm sorry to tell you that your aunt cannot sponsor you.
Your husband's occupation is on THE LIST so he qualifies to apply for a Permanent Resident (PR) visa so he can begin the application process anytime. The forms can be downloaded on the CIC website. Which branch of media are you in?
Have you decided where you want to settle? If you haven't been to Canada already you should consider taking a reccie to get some understanding of the country. I tell everybody to please not look for the UK in Canada. It is different in so many ways. Some ex-pats love it, for some it's just okay and some abjectly hate it and can't wait to leave.
Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.