Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Does anyone have any idea what is costs for an MBA course in Melbourne?
It's like asking how much an MBA would cost in Bangalore! There are more than 50 colleges offering MBA in Bangalore and costs range from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 12 lakhs for the whole program across different colleges/ universities. Similarly, in Melbourne there are plenty of colleges, of course in addition to universities and fees structure can be very different at each of them. MBS offers the best MBA program in Melbourne and also in the country. I assume that it will be quite expensive. On the other hand, the programs offered by small-time colleges will be much cheaper but I wouldn't recommend you to go for those. Google is your friend, as Jason said.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It's like asking how much an MBA would cost in Bangalore! There are more than 50 colleges offering MBA in Bangalore and costs range from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 12 lakhs for the whole program across different colleges/ universities. Similarly, in Melbourne there are plenty of colleges, of course in addition to universities and fees structure can be very different at each of them. MBS offers the best MBA program in Melbourne and also in the country. I assume that it will be quite expensive. On the other hand, the programs offered by small-time colleges will be much cheaper but I wouldn't recommend you to go for those. Google is your friend, as Jason said.
Just a correction. MBS is not the best in the country. AGSM is by far the best MBA. There is a sharp fall in MBS ranking. overall Oz is not the destination for MBA. North America and Europe offers more for MBA aspirants.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How about masters in IT ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
How about masters in IT ?
any of the GO8 will be the ones you should be looking for.
ANU is the best bet for research , my friends passing from Melbourne Uni and UNSW were able to get jobs in the top notch firms.
Melborune Uni has recently being involved in ML, I participated in few night hacks and there kaggle competition https://www.kaggle.com/c/unimelb .
Found it interesting, so if you are looking forward for the ML or AI related research work go for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for your response. I'm not looking for full-time owing to financial constraints. How about part-time ?In India, part-time courses are not really highly rated. Wanted to know if that is even an option in australia?

any of the GO8 will be the ones you should be looking for.
ANU is the best bet for research , my friends passing from Melbourne Uni and UNSW were able to get jobs in the top notch firms.
Melborune Uni has recently being involved in ML, I participated in few night hacks and there kaggle competition https://www.kaggle.com/c/unimelb .
Found it interesting, so if you are looking forward for the ML or AI related research work go for it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for your response. I'm not looking for full-time owing to financial constraints. How about part-time ?In India, part-time courses are not really highly rated. Wanted to know if that is even an option in australia?
Well part time and sponsored masters are available in all uni you can have a detail description under the respective websites.
But strictly speaking and going by the experience i don't find people doing masters just for the sake of getting jobs, if that's the sole motive part time masters wont be much of help to you. [ my thoughts :)]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your responses.

Well, I am considering MBA in Melbourne purely because I would be staying here for next few years and I want to move into a Finance + IT role ( MBA Finance + my IT exp ) and work for a reputed company. I don't mind considering an executive MBA but not too sure how much that would really cost me.

Someone mentioned during this discussion that Australia is not really an MBA destination which I am totally aware. But still want to know if it still holds some value in the long run.

Also, are there any education loan options available in Australia (like we have in India)?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would suggest first decide on what you want to do.

Then apply to Universities for Masters degree and evaluate based on scholarship/rank of course.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thank you all for your responses.

Well, I am considering MBA in Melbourne purely because I would be staying here for next few years and I want to move into a Finance + IT role ( MBA Finance + my IT exp ) and work for a reputed company. I don't mind considering an executive MBA but not too sure how much that would really cost me.

Someone mentioned during this discussion that Australia is not really an MBA destination which I am totally aware. But still want to know if it still holds some value in the long run.

Also, are there any education loan options available in Australia (like we have in India)?
Any additional qualification holds value in long run. But now you have to weigh if the gain is more or the fees of around $80k.

There is no concept of education loan here. Govt provides FEE-HELP with 0% interest but unfortunately this is only for citizens. Nothing for PR yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts