Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW Cignal want 2500 php to view the fight live.
4k to 11k for tickets aqt the MGM.
Prices are ridiculous.
It will be a real shame if a knock out comes in the first round.

Just my humble opinion Pacquiao :boxing: at one time was a great fighter, and still could be but he is involved to much in advertisement. He is bothered to much in training camp to focus. I'd love to see him shut that bigmouth up but I feel he is lacking commitment.
Either be a boxer, a congressman, or an ad campaign but you can't be all 3 and be successful at them all

·
Registered
573 Posts
WOW Cignal want 2500 php to view the fight live.
4k to 11k for tickets aqt the MGM.
Prices are ridiculous.
It will be a real shame if a knock out comes in the first round.

Just my humble opinion Pacquiao :boxing: at one time was a great fighter, and still could be but he is involved to much in advertisement. He is bothered to much in training camp to focus. I'd love to see him shut that bigmouth up but I feel he is lacking commitment.
Either be a boxer, a congressman, or an ad campaign but you can't be all 3 and be successful at them all
Pay per view in U.S is $100. This past weekend the cheapest secondary market ticket was $11k per sports radio. Probably changed since. Crazy, just crazy! Well share cost with friends, so about $25 per couple.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Interesting. We're arriving for our yearly vacation the day of the fight and my wife is telling me that it will be broadcast free in the Philippines.

·
Super Moderator
3,601 Posts
Free but a time delay

Interesting. We're arriving for our yearly vacation the day of the fight and my wife is telling me that it will be broadcast free in the Philippines.
It's a free fight but there's a time delay and so by the time the fight starts everyone in the neighborhood knows who won before it starts. :(

·
Super Moderator
3,601 Posts
Sports events

Oh I see. I guess she wasn't aware of that.

So, the only way to see it live is to pay for it, I guess.
What a money savings I watch it on the TV, I can't remember the delay it could be two - four hours but it's free to watch, if you don't mind the element of someone ruining the match for you, my neighbors spoiled it befor I got to watch the match (ruined the outcome), that's when I figured it out but there are bars and spots that should show this live streaming.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Living as I do in the USA and witnessing the fever generated by this match over here. i can't imagine the energy over there. WHEN Manny wins (chuckle) the place ought to erupt. If you want to watch it on delay, what hole in the ground can you hide so as not to hear the results? :) I likely will pop for PPV if my GF prepares a bunch of my culinary favorites Manny by decision

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Living as I do in the USA and witnessing the fever generated by this match over here. i can't imagine the energy over there. WHEN Manny wins (chuckle) the place ought to erupt. If you want to watch it on delay, what hole in the ground can you hide so as not to hear the results? :) I likely will pop for PPV if my GF prepares a bunch of my culinary favorites Manny by decision
Nah,,bigger fever in usa. When he lost other yr it was a big deal

·
Registered
573 Posts
A Pacman win ensures a rematch and "Saves" boxing for another year, because without these two stars, UFC is getting "killed" by UFC and MMA. Amazing because the payouts are far less in UFC for the big stars. Looking forward to Saturday here in PacNW and joining w/ other Fil/Am couples and making it affordable for all and food for an army. They say Vegas is pretty much sold out of rooms and even the Riviera is sold out, then goes out of business the Monday after. Crazy man, just crazy. Could not get me Anywhere near that crowded mess in Vegas this weekend!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd love to see Manny knock out that obnoxious little S^^^! But I feel his resolve is somewhere else. He will make a lot of money either way they both will. Remember the Thrilla in Manila? Lots of bookies are really going to cleanup betting odds: 1/2 floyd mayweather; 15/8 manny pacquiao.

Reactions: Nickleback99

·
Registered
79 Posts
I dunno, I would like to think his trainer Freddie Roach will keep Mannys head in the game, but then Roach isn't getting hit. I still like Manny in a decision. As for UFC how many fights last one round -- lots of them, Hate to drop hard earned peso's, dollars or Euros on a kick to the head. Last UFC fight i paid for was a$10 cover at Wild Wings for a seat in range of a TV.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I dunno, I would like to think his trainer Freddie Roach will keep Mannys head in the game, but then Roach isn't getting hit. I still like Manny in a decision. As for UFC how many fights last one round -- lots of them, Hate to drop hard earned peso's, dollars or Euros on a kick to the head. Last UFC fight i paid for was a$10 cover at Wild Wings for a seat in range of a TV.
fwiw that was the Velasquez Dos Santos fight. I was done paying PPV prices with the Lesner fight.
:boxing:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think there'll be a few places that will show the fight for "free". In Olongapo, it will be shown at the convention center courtesy of the mayor. In Subic Bay, "Vascos" usual treats the "suki's". Both places will be packed. However, we are away - I'm not sure we can watch it live.

·
Registered
573 Posts
fwiw that was the Velasquez Dos Santos fight. I was done paying PPV prices with the Lesner fight.
:boxing:
B. Wild Wings is the Best!...we paid $5 ea last yr to watch Pacman vs Bradley #2. Have gotten into some UFC fights for free. Only one's I've paid at home are for Jon "Bones" Jones and previously Spider Silva in his prime, only about $60, and split it among friends. Can't beat the beer and food selection thought at Wild Wings! :boxing:

·
Registered
573 Posts
The other thing about UFC showings is that there are Usually a large number of Good undercards that make it worth while, And UFC has figured how to partner w/ FOX to show some Very good matches for FREE. Can't beat FREE!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts