Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There folks.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am Wayne Potgieter. a 33 year old father of two. My Wife and I have made a decision to Immigrate to New Zealand from South Africa as soon as possible.

We have made use of an immigration consultant to do a preliminary assessment of us.

At the moment, we have 105 points.

I have 10 years in Logistics experience and my wife is a graduate with 10 years in Educational sales and marketing as well as quality assurance for a City And Guilds.

I have for the last five years been a business owner (Managing Director Level).

I plan on selling my business to my Business partner. He will be paying me my current salary for a period of 3 years. So even though i intend on being a busy worker bee in NZ, i will still be receiving an income from SA as well.

I am aware that an offer of employment from a NZ company would give me an additional 50 points and that would give me a total of 155 points and make my application infinitey stronger.

I am most prepared to take a 1 month sabbatical from work (longer if need be) and travel at my own expense to NZ simply for the purposes of Investigation and Networking.

Essentially, i would like to meet people in the logistics field and obtaina thorough understanding of the New Zealand Job Market as well as the Logistics Industry and if all goes well, perhaps some of this could lead to a Job Offer.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is this possible?
2. Does anyone perhaps have any ideas on alternate methods of going about this?
3. Can anyone offer me a job pretty please :D (worth a shot right?):rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Regards

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Hi There folks.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am Wayne Potgieter. a 33 year old father of two. My Wife and I have made a decision to Immigrate to New Zealand from South Africa as soon as possible.

We have made use of an immigration consultant to do a preliminary assessment of us.

At the moment, we have 105 points.

I have 10 years in Logistics experience and my wife is a graduate with 10 years in Educational sales and marketing as well as quality assurance for a City And Guilds.

I have for the last five years been a business owner (Managing Director Level).

I plan on selling my business to my Business partner. He will be paying me my current salary for a period of 3 years. So even though i intend on being a busy worker bee in NZ, i will still be receiving an income from SA as well.

I am aware that an offer of employment from a NZ company would give me an additional 50 points and that would give me a total of 155 points and make my application infinitey stronger.

I am most prepared to take a 1 month sabbatical from work (longer if need be) and travel at my own expense to NZ simply for the purposes of Investigation and Networking.

Essentially, i would like to meet people in the logistics field and obtaina thorough understanding of the New Zealand Job Market as well as the Logistics Industry and if all goes well, perhaps some of this could lead to a Job Offer.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is this possible?
2. Does anyone perhaps have any ideas on alternate methods of going about this?
3. Can anyone offer me a job pretty please :D (worth a shot right?):rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Regards

Wayne
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately 105 points on the eoi will not get it selected from the pool. You'll need at least 140 to guarantee selection or between 100 and 135 with a job offer ad those are being selected virtually every fortnight at the moment.
So we've established you'll need a job offer to gain the much needed points.

Now to your questions....

(1) No. There is no visa that allows a person to come here and find work.
Lots of people do it on a visitor visa but it isn't strictly allowed. You won't be a genuine tourist so you'd be kind of bending the rules just coming here to get a job offer. It's a risk as being found to be in breach of your visa conditions could be costly and not just in a monetary sense.
(2) Is your occupation on the skill shortage list ? Do you have the appropriate qualifications? How about going down the entrepreneur visa route - I agree it's very costly and time consuming ?
(3) Ha ha!....joking aside this is against forum rules unless you become a Premium member and utilize the Market Place area of the forum. The main forum isnt a place to advertise a vacancy or your services.

Job also has to be skilled - or what immigration class as skilled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts