Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

1.Based on your experiences, what is the maximum amount of time DIAC permits for PCC and Medicals.

(as if we need to get PCC from 2 or 3 countries, it might take some time)

2.I believe for 176, we should start the process for PCC / Medicals, as soon as we apply online. For 175, what would be the best time to start for PCC / Medicals. Should we start the process after 6 months.

3.For 176, once CO is assigned, does CO ask for PCC / Medicals right away or will it take some time (like 15 - 20 days or so)

Thanks

G

·
Your CO knows how long it will take to get PCC from each of the countries they want them from and will give you enough time. If it takes longer you request more time and so long as you are actually making efforts to obtain them they will give you more time.
I wouldn't suggest getting them until they are requested in case you get them too early giving them a shorter life and having to redo them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your CO knows how long it will take to get PCC from each of the countries they want them from and will give you enough time. If it takes longer you request more time and so long as you are actually making efforts to obtain them they will give you more time.
I wouldn't suggest getting them until they are requested in case you get them too early giving them a shorter life and having to redo them.
Thanks shel. Just to get a rough idea about the timelines, what could I expect. Can I safely say they will give something around 30-60days keeping in mind I have to submit UAE and Pakistan PCC

G

·
They should give you that much yes. CO will have data for each country and give time according to how long they take. We in the UK usually get 28 days as its relatively easy and quick to obtain. HR countries, which often take longer, get 60. But it is easy to extend if needed, just ask and they will so long as they know.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They should give you that much yes. CO will have data for each country and give time according to how long they take. We in the UK usually get 28 days as its relatively easy and quick to obtain. HR countries, which often take longer, get 60. But it is easy to extend if needed, just ask and they will so long as they know.
Thanks so much :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
We were given 28 days for PCC and Medicals, however we just had to supply proof to the CO that we had requested the PCC's and gone for our Medicals (receipts of payment) and that was good enough for it to be extended. Our Medicals were done on the 5th March (requested by CO on 22/2), but they were only sent yesterday due to a delay in getting other documents, so we sent the Receipts to say our medicals had been done and have had no hassles.

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello mimran

I am a Pakistani expat living in Dubai. My CO has asked me to submit my police clearance certificates (PCC). How can I get my Pakistani PCC while being an expat in Dubai ? Should i contact the pakistani consulate for this?

regards

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello mimran

I am a Pakistani expat living in Dubai. My CO has asked me to submit my police clearance certificates (PCC). How can I get my Pakistani PCC while being an expat in Dubai ? Should i contact the pakistani consulate for this?

regards
yes. contact the embassy. they would help you out in that.

Reactions: omairs80

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can you please advise on the following:

1. Which one should ideally be done first PCC or meds? Does it matter at all doing one before the other?

2. Should we wait for CO to ask for it or to expedite our grant, go ahead and get them done now itself? I read somewhere if we do both of these beforehand it gets a grant faster.

A CO is yet to be allotted. Should be allotted one in max 2 more weeks.

Pls help.

G

·
Either it doesn't matter as they both expire after 12 months although overseas police checks for countries you have not been to again since doing the PCC shouldnt have to be re done.

Personally I would wait if you want to extend your validation period as he date you have to valudate by is linked to the expiry of them. if you do not care about that and can travel at short notice to Australia to validate do them as soon as you want.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Either it doesn't matter as they both expire after 12 months although overseas police checks for countries you have not been to again since doing the PCC shouldnt have to be re done.

Personally I would wait if you want to extend your validation period as he date you have to valudate by is linked to the expiry of them. if you do not care about that and can travel at short notice to Australia to validate do them as soon as you want.
Thank you for your reply. We have to take a call on this sooner than later considering your inputs and our research.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In my case its more than 100 days and I am still waiting for my wife's PCC. My CO is very cooperative. I have submitted 3 PCC's and waiting for last one, which will be the last document IN shaa ALLAH.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts