Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i really need some advice please, in the next week my 12 weeks are up for a fiance Visa, so fingers crossed it will all be fine.

We were planning on getting married in Febuary 2014, i am pregnant right now and i am due jan 2014, there are a few questions i would like to ask.

Obviously i will go on maternity leave, the issue i have is my fiance can't work for the fiance Visa, so my income alone will be taken into account, and i only get 6 weeks maternity pay then it is SSP which is only £110 approx and that will not meet the £18,600 requirement month on month, but i have earnt well over that this tax year 2013-2014

Will the UKBA take into account my years earning or will they look at my months earnings?

Can a fiance visa be extended due to pregnancy, or do they not take that into consideration?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I am watching football game now so can't look up, but read document FM1.7 about maternity benefit and how they will work out your income to your advantage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the response but I have looked on the form you told me to look at and I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
5.5.16. Where the applicant's partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay, or has been so in the 6 months prior to the date of application, the relevant date for considering the length of employment and the income from the employment can be either:
 The date of application; or
 The date of commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick leave.
But the specified time periods for any other sources of income that are being combined with the employment income will remain as otherwise set out in this guidance.

5.5.17. Any period of unpaid maternity, paternity, adoption, parental or sick leave in the 12 months prior to the date of application will not be counted towards any period relating to employment, or any period relating to income from employment, for which Appendix FM-SE provides. For example, if a person takes 2 weeks' unpaid parental leave, this period will be discounted and will not be considered to have broken any continuous period relating to their employment or to their income from employment, and the person can show that they meet the annualised average income required over a period of 6 months and 2 weeks prior to the date of application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

So, as stated, you will put forward your pay prior to starting your maternity pay, provided it was within 6 months of your application date. If you have earned £18,600 or more, then you will meet the requirement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank Joppa. I think putting it in simple terms makes it easy. Hope u enjoyed the football even if the chelsea penalty was a joke. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.