Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.. First time poster here and apologies if this has been asked earlier. My sister wants to apply for skill assessment through vetassess. She has a 3 year bachelor degree in an unrelated field followed by 2 years masters degree in a highly relevant field for her chosen occupation. Will that be acceptable as a qualification? Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Hi All.. First time poster here and apologies if this has been asked earlier. My sister wants to apply for skill assessment through vetassess. She has a 3 year bachelor degree in an unrelated field followed by 2 years masters degree in a highly relevant field for her chosen occupation. Will that be acceptable as a qualification? Thanks in advance for your help
Please give details of the Anzsco code, and both her Degrees

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Code is 234312 (environmental consultant ). She has a BCA (bachelor is computer applications) followed by an MSc in Environment Science. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please give details of the Anzsco code, and both her Degrees

Cheers

Code is 234312 (environmental consultant ). She has a BCA (bachelor is computer applications) followed by an MSc in Environment Science. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Her Master's degree may be considered. Also, she must have at-least 1 year work experience relevant to 234312 after completing the Master's degree; within the last 5 years.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Also, 234312 is not open for Skilled Migration visas 189 and 190 at the moment.

It is available for Temporary work Visa 457, Employer sponsored visa 186, and RSMS visa 187.

Make sure she know all available visa options before proceeding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It is available for Temporary work Visa 457, Employer sponsored visa 186, and RSMS visa 187.

Thanks a lot Parth.. We are planning to try to 489 visa through invited stream. Are you aware of any issues with that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi Parth.. Thanks a lot for your response to my post today. It prompted me to re-check her eligibility and looks like that code is not on the list for 489 visa. Huge disappointment for us but I guess it's good to know before we spend the $$ on assessment. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Parth.. Thanks a lot for your response to my post today. It prompted me to re-check her eligibility and looks like that code is not on the list for 489 visa. Huge disappointment for us but I guess it's good to know before we spend the $$ on assessment. Thanks for your help.
Yes, that would have been a costly oversight. Look for all possible visa options she can apply for.

Alternately, see if she can nominate any other occupation available on the occupation lists.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts