Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fellow members,,
I have one query and I tried to search it first and gone through many threads but did not find the appropriate answer.

I have
a) Master of Science (MS) in Information & Technology completed in 2009
b) Bachelor Of Computer Science completed in 2004

The confusion I have is that I am sure my Bachelor degree is AQF Diploma because of my institute's ranking but I am not sure if they will treat my Master's as AQF Masters.

If they don't and they would treat it AQF Bachelors then I can only hope it would be better because I can get 15 points BUT if they may treat as AQF masters then what would be the problem I likely to face when I start my assessment.

TIA

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dear Fellow members,,
I have one query and I tried to search it first and gone through many threads but did not find the appropriate answer.

I have
a) Master of Science (MS) in Information & Technology completed in 2009
b) Bachelor Of Computer Science completed in 2004

The confusion I have is that I am sure my Bachelor degree is AQF Diploma because of my institute's ranking but I am not sure if they will treat my Master's as AQF Masters.

If they don't and they would treat it AQF Bachelors then I can only hope it would be better because I can get 15 points BUT if they may treat as AQF masters then what would be the problem I likely to face when I start my assessment.

TIA
When only through assessment, you can only find out. If it's AQF masters, that will also give you 15 points. Then your nominated occupation experience should be assessed as positive as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When only through assessment, you can only find out. If it's AQF masters, that will also give you 15 points. Then your nominated occupation experience should be assessed as positive as well.
I totally Agree with you batcoder0619 but I am worried If they will accept my Master's as AQF Master's and Bachelor's as AQF Diploma then in the middle there is no Bachelor's and they need bachelors as per their law and only after I would be able to claim full points :confused2:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I totally Agree with you batcoder0619 but I am worried If they will accept my Master's as AQF Master's and Bachelor's as AQF Diploma then in the middle there is no Bachelor's and they need bachelors as per their law and only after I would be able to claim full points :confused2:

Note: To receive 15 points for a Masters degree, you must also have a Bachelor degree completed in Australia or overseas, or the Masters degree must be considered as at least comparable to Bachelor degree level at Australian standards.

Let's give a shot to ACS assessment and see what they say.

Reactions: kahn1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks batcoder0619

I am actually confused to start my job and responsibilities declaration. dont know why.
but anyways..surely keep you posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
thanks batcoder0619

I am actually confused to start my job and responsibilities declaration. dont know why.
but anyways..surely keep you posted.

Thanks
How many years of experience do you have and in which occupation?
What's your current points breakdown?

Which visa are you vying for? 189 or 190?

This information will help me advise you further on the best steps to take.

Reactions: kahn1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How many years of experience do you have and in which occupation?
What's your current points breakdown?

Which visa are you vying for? 189 or 190?

This information will help me advise you further on the best steps to take.
Dear batcoder0619,

let me tell you briefly about my experience and qualification date wise.

1. I have done my bachelors back in 2004 then start working from mid of 2004 until 2007.
2. from 2007 to 2009 I have done my Master and from august 2009 till to date I am on job in 263111 occupation which I believe more appropriate to my job description and courses I have done in my Master which are closely related to the ACS guideline.

I just wish when I will go for ACS, they consider my master as AQF bachelor other wise if they consider it AQF master then I will be left with only 10 points and in that case I wonder if they will deduct my 4 years?:(

Because I want to apply and get assesses on basis of my Master degree not on bachelor. Because the job I have done in company after my bachelor is closed and nobody is there to give me any kind of job responsibilities declaration, of any kind.

3. And yes that is another confusing part to which option to go for, 189 or 190.
I think I can go for 190 as well which can give me 5 points which I can always count if short. I have checked 263111 is there for a while but don't know for how long.

Thanks for your consideration.
Regards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts