Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm new to the forum and hoping someone will help me.

Working in Massy in a school and will not have a car and wondered what the best way to get to a supermarket for grocery shopping?

How reliable are public transport?

Looking at google map, Massy seems to be a large industrial town with a large network of main roads and motorways but no sign of a supermarket near where the flat is.

Very grateful for any advice

Thanks

·
Administrator
49,395 Posts
You may want to take a look at this site: Bus, MASSY (Essonne - 91) - Transdev Île-de-France

There are buses from Massy that can take you to the shopping center at Les Ulis, where there is a huge Carrefour and all sorts of other handy shops. I see there is also a bus that runs up to Velizy 2, another big shopping center in the area, where there is an Auchan.

I certainly see the buses headed in and out of the center at Les Ulis all the time, so I expect the lines are fairly reliable.

The other thing to look for are the weekly marchés in the area. Massy is pretty well known around here as a place to go for all sorts of "foreign" foods (mostly Chinese and Middle Eastern) so there are small markets as well as the regular open air markets. You might want to check your area for small shops - many French people prefer to do their food shopping at the small local shops (butcher, baker, produce vendor) and leave the super- and hyper-markets for dry goods and staples.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bev

Thanks for your help. All your advice has been noted! The bus timetable link is great as I could not find anything on the web.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts