Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am sponsoring my fiancee to come to the UK. We submitted the online application and paid the fee on 16th Nov. We specified the intended date of travel to be the 3rd March 2014. I thought this would give us plenty of time if there were any delays. However, I have just read a quote on another thread from June 2012:
"You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. Applications received more than 3 months before your date of travel will be returned without a visa and without a refund of the application fee. You will then need to submit a new application and to re-enrol your biometric information at the appropriate time."
Does this mean there is too much time between application and intended date of travel? Will the visa be refused? Has anyone else had experience of this?
Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow, i was in a shockingly similar situation, i applied nov 22nd with march 4th travel date. After reading that exact same article, which i cant find anywhere on ukba website anyway i decided to cancel and reapply in december.

I got mixed responses and joppa, who is probably the most knowledgeable guy her said it wouldnt matter. I wasnt willing to risk it but im still not sure if it really matters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you actually find that quote on any official ukba page or just on that 1 thread here?
I have just put the quote into Google. It came up with several returns. However, they mostly referred to visas made in the USA or student visas. Not fiance visas made elsewhere. On the UKBA website, the page for the USA has the quote. The page for Colombia (from where my application is made) does not have the quote. The page for South Korea (where I assume you are applying from) does contain the quote. Go to the UKBA website and search for South Korea, then click the first result. I found the quote under "How to apply". Maybe the rule is different for different countries.
I read the thread you started. It seemed that there was just one response saying that it would be a problem vs. 2 saying it would not matter (+ 1 from my thread saying the same). The "balance of probabilities" says that it should not matter.
Good luck and let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have just put the quote into Google. It came up with several returns. However, they mostly referred to visas made in the USA or student visas. Not fiance visas made elsewhere. On the UKBA website, the page for the USA has the quote. The page for Colombia (from where my application is made) does not have the quote. The page for South Korea (where I assume you are applying from) does contain the quote. Go to the UKBA website and search for South Korea, then click the first result. I found the quote under "How to apply". Maybe the rule is different for different countries.
I read the thread you started. It seemed that there was just one response saying that it would be a problem vs. 2 saying it would not matter (+ 1 from my thread saying the same). The "balance of probabilities" says that it should not matter.
Good luck and let me know how you get on!
I googled it and i found the quote on usa ukba page, i didnt find that quote on the korea page, i have however decided to reapply anyway and just refunded the original aplication before my wife did biometrics as i dont want to have to worry about that while i wait for the results.

EDIT: On the Korea Page it says

When to apply

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa. To find out how long we usually take to process your type of visa, see the Visa processing times page.

Not quite as ruthless as the usa page but as i said i didnt want to risk it. If the columbia page mentions 3 months id consider cancelling your application. I believe it depends on where you are applying from.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks to you both for your help. I can relax a bit more now. Too late to cancel anyway!
Yeah if it is too late to cancel then just let it be. I find it highly unlikely they would refuse anyone based on travel dates. But i decided to be safe as it was a no lose situation, beyond a bit of short term financial loss while we wait for the refund period.

It does not have travel dates as a requirement on the main site or your countires site and logically it makes no sense, especially since a none priority visa could take over 90 days to be issued anyway!

Good luck! I hope it works out for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.