Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been offered a job from a company in the UAE. This company is the builder and will be responsible for building villas in Masdar City. My whole understanding of why dubai is failing is due to there real estate crash. And I am going to be building Villas, this doesn't make sense to me.

My question/ concern is regarding the financial crisis and the affects, if there is any, of spilling over to Masdar City project.

Can someone please provide me with some sort in information/ insight on the future of work, i.e. not able to pay workers, company bankruptcy, Masdar City road blocks.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Masdar is a project in Abu Dhabi NOT Dubai.

Abu Dhabi is in a financially much stronger position than Dubai with regard to construction. Also, with the media coverage and the hype of Masdar's "green" philosophy, there is no way that the work will not be carried out

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
I agree with Ogri750, the project is going ahead full steam, i really wouldn't worry.

(Well it had better be cos I've just done a deal with them....)

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
I agree with Ogri750, the project is going ahead full steam, i really wouldn't worry.

(Well it had better be cos I've just done a deal with them....)
What is Ogri750 is Dr.S.Al J.? ))) (if you've just done a deal with them, you know who is that))))

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Masdar City is a fully backed project with no problems...

Its a long term project and very complex so you should be here for quite a while!

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have not heard about financial issues with Masdar city project, what i got from a friend of mine working as a consultant over there that they are re considering the scope of work, technologies don't support them to make a fully sustainable city as decided earlier instead they will make it a green city (no co2).

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
It's a very ambitious project and it was expected that not everything will go the way it was planned. I personally suggest to close this link. Anyone who has partnership agreement with Masdar knows that it's followed by a confidentiality agreement and any wrong word can cost millions as you never know who are people reading these threads, might me journalist? might be. I quit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Masdar City project

Hello,

I have been offered a job from a company in the UAE. This company is the builder and will be responsible for building villas in Masdar City. My whole understanding of why dubai is failing is due to there real estate crash. And I am going to be building Villas, this doesn't make sense to me.

My question/ concern is regarding the financial crisis and the affects, if there is any, of spilling over to Masdar City project.

Can someone please provide me with some sort in information/ insight on the future of work, i.e. not able to pay workers, company bankruptcy, Masdar City road blocks.

Thanks
Masdar City is being directly financed by the Abu Dhabi government via its investment company Mudadala - and neither this highly capitalized company nor the AD emirate Government are connected to the liquidity problems experienced by some of the Dubai developers:

This project is one of the most exciting green technology and property projects in the world today - and provides a blueprint for how smart green cities will be built in the future - and if I was you I would seize the game changing career opportunity of learning the latest in green construction technologies :

The entire city is built on a platform with infrastructure and public transport under the platform – which means no ugly wires - or city streets being dug up to repair or change pipes – all infrastructure hardware will be easily maintainable via full height access points under the city platform.

Utility services installed under the city platform include:

energy primarily supplied by the city’s solar power plants,
district cooling for air conditioning,
wet utilities [water, wastewater, re-use water, and storm water],
telecommunications,
waste management and recycling.
The buildings in the city are planned to be at the cutting edge of intelligent design for residential and commercial buildings – in which the need for air conditioning and artificial lighting is minimized so far as possible.

Building standards will exceed the highest currently set by internationally recognised institutions
2daydubai/masdar-city

·
Registered
7 Posts
why are you resurrecting such an old thread? do you work for them?
No I don't work for MC or have any financial association with it but I believe in the one planet ideal and am very strongly supportive of Masdar City - and sorry I did not realize that this thread was closed to further comment - or do we need your personal authorization to contribute any information on this subject?

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
when very old threads get resurrected by people who only have one post, is often because they are doing advertising, self promotion, etc. which is not allowed as per the forum rules, so one time posters talking marvels about some topic on old threads are always very suspicious. very good you for believing on the one planet ideal, whatever that means. And no, you do not need my permission, so comment away... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Masdar City

when very old threads get resurrected by people who only have one post, is often because they are doing advertising, self promotion, etc. which is not allowed as per the forum rules, so one time posters talking marvels about some topic on old threads are always very suspicious. very good you for believing on the one planet ideal, whatever that means. And no, you do not need my permission, so comment away... :rolleyes:
One Planet living embraces 10 principles of sustainability including zero carbon and zero waste - so that we can live within the resources of the one planet we have to live on.
If everyone in the world shared the consumption patterns of the average USA or UAE resident we would need at least 5 planets to survive - hence the vital importance of Masdar City - both to the UAE and the world.

Masdar City is a designated 'one planet' city - to learn more about the 10 one planet living principles do a google search for 'one planet living'

·
Registered
694 Posts
One Planet living embraces 10 principles of sustainability including zero carbon and zero waste - so that we can live within the resources of the one planet we have to live on.
If everyone in the world shared the consumption patterns of the average USA or UAE resident we would need at least 5 planets to survive - hence the vital importance of Masdar City - both to the UAE and the world.

Masdar City is a designated 'one planet' city - to learn more about the 10 one planet living principles do a google search for 'one planet living'

we are talking about the green carbon free city paid for completely by oil money right?!?!?! that masdar city!!

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I have read alot about this city and wish it luck. There have been a number of road blocks but that is to be excepted. They just have to keep plugging away at it.

For a country as young as this, with so many new buildings, one would expect that alot more eco friendlyness would have went into the building. It just didnt happen overall. I have an emirati friend who is quite involved in alot of eco building initiatives but is quite frustrated with the actual implementation of them. It is yes yes yes and then once the project is going, its cut costs and do it the cheaper way. This coming from an emirati. Very interesting fellow to talk to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Masdar City financial crisis

we are talking about the green carbon free city paid for completely by oil money right?!?!?! that masdar city!!
And its arguably illogical for any member of a UAE expatriates website to knock oil money - without oil money we wouldn't be UAE employees or expats!

And why object to the same oil money that finances our jobs - also being used to finance zero carbon and zero waste green tech projects?

To get back to the original theme of the thread - may I suggest that anyone doubting the financial viability of this project - should check out the AD Government company website of the Masdar City developer: Mubadala - English

To learn more about 'one planet' living - and how it applies to Masdar City - go to the official website: One Planet Living

And to learn about the design, architecture, and green tech objectives of the Masdar City project check out:Welcome to Masdar City and
2daydubai - Masdar City

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.