Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just moved to Ras Al Khaimah and was wondering if anyone knew of either of the above in this area. I would really like to try Aikido, but more than willing to go back to Tae Kwon Do or do Muay Thai or kickboxing.

Thanks much! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Al Hamra

Hi, I also practice scuba diving and martial arts. Specifically Aikido and Karate, but I had practice Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu for certain time. I couldn't find a proper school in RAK, specially in the Al Hamra area. I found a guy who was requesting a partner to practice box and jujitsu. Also I know a scuba diving instructor. Hope that this help you.
Best regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will be teaching Aikido, I will look into using Ras Al Khaimah Academy, as I will work there, although it may have to be somewhere else.

James

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Where is your dojo? What do you teach? I would like to start very soon, depending on obtaining insurance etc.

James
No, I never had a dojo, I am an enthusiastic of the martial arts, I have been practicing since I was 12 years. From Karate to Aikido, passing through Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do and Kendo. I was a black belt in Karate at 15 and then I stop practicing for many years, I started my Karate and Aikido practice few years ago in a different school and I got the 4th Kyu in Karate and 5th in Aikido.
So consider me as your first student.
Santiago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Just moved to Ras Al Khaimah and was wondering if anyone knew of either of the above in this area. I would really like to try Aikido, but more than willing to go back to Tae Kwon Do or do Muay Thai or kickboxing.

Thanks much! :)
James is planning to open a Aikido Dojo in RAK!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am moving to RAK in August and would like to open a dojo in RAK, so let me know if your are still interested.

James

Hi James, Are you already teaching Martial Arts here in RAK? Are you a free lance instructor? Would you also consider teaching kids for martial arts because we have a lot of inquiries in our studio requesting for it. Send me a msg if your interested. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,859 Posts
Hi,
I love the title of this thread - conjurs up images of people doing underwater Karate!
Cheers
Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts