Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats,

I am in a fix. Kindly help.

Situation - I got PR in January and I am migrating to Australia in June. Recently the situation have changed for me. I might soon get engagged and married as well even before migrating.

Now I have been reading about the 'Spouse Visa' and 'Perspective Marriage Visa' (in case marriage is delayed). In this the PR holder needs to fill form 40 SP which requires sponsorship for the partner; there you have to specify your employment details.

Here is the FIX :(

I will be searching out for job once i relocate there in June. I have tried to apply but I am getting replies like 'you need to be here', 'our clients dont take international interviews, they prefer candidate is here', etc. Same Story.

BUT I want to apply for her visa immediately after marriage so that she can be with me atleast after 6 months (timeline for visa :mad:). Otherwise it will further delay the process :mad:. I am referring to Visa 309/100 for spouse.

There must be some provision. I can show my employment history. There must be some workaround for sure. It is just that either I am interpreting it wrong or I havent come across that particular piece of info.

HELP Guys!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Regards,
FH

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dude, what are you doing then?

I am also in a similar fix, got my grant recently, and getting married by year end, would like to get my wife added to my PR, and move with here sometime in Feb next year, and would like that she also gets the provision to work over there.

Please suggest what are you doing, and how should I also proceed about the same.

Thanks

G

·
Are you employed where you are? You can show employment and income to show ability to sponsor from any country. You can also include your wifes resume to show she can also help support you both once in Australia. My husband is an Australian citizen who had never lived in Australia but showed UK employment. He sent his & my resume to show we are skilled enough to get work once in Australia so we would not rely on welfare.

Your problem is actually that non citizens should usually be resident to sponsor their partner. That is usually resident in Australia not simply holding PR. People do however manage to sponsor their partner before living thre so it is not always enforced.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
You should also check that there are no conditions imposed on your visa preventing you from getting married before your first entry. I had such a condition imposed on my visa, so do check before you proceed with any other visa application as should you have such a condition imposed on your visa, you will be in breach of your visa conditions.

·
Registered
502 Posts
only solution is to get her a visit visa till her 309 visa is being processed, because timeline for 309 is not 6 months, but 12 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.