Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..
I am new to this forum...my fiance got visa and we going to marry soon..we gave notice of marrige three weeks ago..my fiance has previous divorce..she got old divorce certification from her country which is not EAA.the registry office told us they will review her divorce paper in the general office and this may take up tp two months...has anybody been through this in recent times....is forign divorce paper is recoginized in uk...now we can not prepare to our wedding unless we have the confirmation...i am worried about this....
Thanks to anyone who can shed any lights on this...share their experiences...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Foreign divorce is recognized, the problem is they need to be able to discern what is valid for the country in question.

In my case, my divorce was from California in the US. They had a binder with samples of appropriate divorce papers in various countries, so they had a sample of what my paperwork should look like, they were able to review the documents themselves in the registry office.

If they don't have a sample from your fiancé's country, they will send the document off to be reviewed and that is what will take extra time.

As long as the divorce was valid and the paperwork appropriate, there is no problem, it will just take some extra time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.