Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I searched for help on this but couldn't find a recent relevant post.

I am on my marriage FLR visa that expires in November 2019. I decided to change my name & get the process started since I was told my visa needs to match my passport.

I mailed off my passport in June & it was back within a few weeks with my new name on it. I immediately sent off payment & application to change my name on my visa & get an updated BRP with the name matching my passport.

The fee of about $308 was taken from my account July 10th 2017
Notification that they had received my application was emailed July 13th
Letter to get fingerprinted at a local post office was sent July 15 (didn't receive it until the 24th which gave me just a few days to get fingerprinted in the 15 day required time)
Sent fingerprints & biometric info on July 26th

In addition to the application & the fee, I sent all previous passports including the new one, my marriage certificate, and my approved BRP card that shows I have legal right to work & remain in the U.K. until Nov 2019.

It is now September 21st and I have heard absolutely nothing & my status online is still showing "waiting for a decision"

Is anyone else in a similar position? I can't apply for jobs without the card & I can't go home or leave the country without my passport & it is really wearing on me. I wouldn't expect a simple name change on an approved visa to take this long, is there anything I can do to escalate the situation?

Thank you for any and all advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.