Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
i recently got married in my country but i got my british passport after 2 months in uk . and my problem is when i apply visa for my wife what should i do ? because my wife citizenship card is based on my name . when i apply visa for my wife what should i do ?? help me soon

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Can you please explain what your problem is? What do you mean by 'my wife's citizenship card is based on my name'?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you please explain what your problem is? What do you mean by 'my wife's citizenship card is based on my name'?
i am from south asia . in my country wife gets citizen card from husband name . and my problem is i married my wife in my country with my own nationality not britsh passport and now i got a british passport in uk . but I'm applying spouse visa for my wife .. and all document is based on old nationality e.g. marriage certificate and relationship certificate . while applying spouse visa does it make any difference send my brattish passport or i have to send both .... thank you

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are worrying about nothing. Provided you were married according to the law of your country, your marriage is recognised in UK. It doesn't matter whether you were Nepalese or British when you married. As you are now sponsoring your wife for a visa as a British citizen, you will submit a plain photocopy of your British passport. You don't submit your Nepalese passport, though you have to declare all nationalities you hold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are worrying about nothing. Provided you were married according to the law of your country, your marriage is recognised in UK. It doesn't matter whether you were Nepalese or British when you married. As you are now sponsoring your wife for a visa as a British citizen, you will submit a plain photocopy of your British passport. You don't submit your Nepalese passport, though you have to declare all nationalities you hold.
Thanks a lot joppa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
financial requirement

Dear joppa
my mind is stuck in one question about financial requirement. i have 2 job one full time earning 14000per year before tax and another 7200 per yr. i started part time job before 7 months now question is where can i mention my part time job to meet requirement ? part time job is cat B or mention both job in cat A ? can i squeeze both jobs in one box ? plz help

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You have to mention your second job in Part 5 of Appendix 2. Make sure you attach a note setting out how, with two jobs, you are meeting the financial requirement. You can apply either under Cat A (as you have been in both jobs for at least 6 months) or under Cat B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have to mention your second job in Part 5 of Appendix 2. Make sure you attach a note setting out how, with two jobs, you are meeting the financial requirement. You can apply either under Cat A (as you have been in both jobs for at least 6 months) or under Cat B.

first job i started aug 2012 and second job march 2013 . from first job i got p60 which shows only 8000 . will it make visa refusal ??? i should apply under CAT A but on 3.11 should i write total amount from both jobs ? and to mention another job on part 5 should i write anything on 3.10 like stick small note to go to part 5 for another job. or just mention on part 5 ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Put a marginal note to 3.10 - 'For the second job, see Section 5', and put the combined total income under 3.11 with a marginal note - From two jobs. Repeat the figure under 3.20. Add a sheet showing how you are meeting the requirement under Cat A from two jobs, showing the total income from the last 6 months for Job A and Job B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Put a marginal note to 3.10 - 'For the second job, see Section 5', and put the combined total income under 3.11 with a marginal note - From two jobs. Repeat the figure under 3.20. Add a sheet showing how you are meeting the requirement under Cat A from two jobs, showing the total income from the last 6 months for Job A and Job B.
Thanks Joppa,
another question from vaf4a 7.12 does your sponsor hold any other nationality ? i am british now but my nepalese passport is not cancelled yet . i write yes and mentioned my nepalese passport detail.
and my p60 is of 7 months pay and amount is low will this make any difference or better not to submit p60 ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just give details of your Nepalese citizenship.
You must staple (don't just pin) a note to your P60 explaining why it doesn't fully show your income you are submitting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just give details of your Nepalese citizenship.
You must staple (don't just pin) a note to your P60 explaining why it doesn't fully show your income you are submitting.
another question vaf4a part
6.18 D id you have to pay for the treatment? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

6.19 Where did you receive the treatment?

Address >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Name of hospital/clinic/Doctor’s surgery

my wife haven't gone to hospital till now then what should we write here ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leave it blank?
hi joppa
my wife took IELTS exam to meet english language requirement. then will IELTS score meet english language test. how can we find she has meet requirement ? minimum score in speaking, listening, reading and writing ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.