Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear All,

I am British citizen and have 2 children from previous marriage now age 7 and 10. I married to an Indian national, in 2009, living and working in Kuwait since 2000 with a child now 12 years old.

We meet through a matrimonial website and I visited Kuwait to meet her and her family in May 2009 and got engaged. I than sponsored her and her son on spouse visa in August 2009 and she visited me and my extended family.

I was offered a job in Kuwait and in September 2009 I re-located to Kuwait with my 2 children. We got married in Kuwaiti court and received our marriage certificate. We have been living together in Kuwait since then. We all regularly visited UK every year for holidays to see my parents and relatives.

In August 2013 I relocated back to UK with my 2 children due to my mothers poor health. We applied for a 2 year family visit visa for my Wife and her Son before leaving and my wife relocated her Son to India for studies and resigned from her Job and joined me in UK in few October 2013. This helped me to find a job in UK which I did and we rented an apartment and started living as a family. My wife visited India few months later and brought her son back with her. They regularly exited the country within time and came back as family visitors and were granted entrance to UK each time.

Now here visa is almost finished and she will be going back to India to apply for spouse visa in few days. Due to her Mothers poor health she will not be able to apply for visa till January 2016. I will have the following documents for her and was wondering if they would be enough for her to apply for her visa.

1 – Original Arabic Marriage Certificate from Kuwait
2 – Professional Translation of Marriage certificate, certified by Ministry of Justice Kuwait, certified Ministry of Foreign Affairs Kuwait, certified by Indian Embassy Kuwait, certified by British Embassy Kuwait and will be certified by Kuwait Embassy India
3 – Her current previous 2 passports covering 10 year period, showing her travel to UK and confirming her residence and working visas in Kuwait
4 – Her Divorce certificate, from Kuwait court, translated and certified by ministry of justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Kuwait and certified by Indian Embassy in Kuwait.
5 – Her Sons current and last passport confirming his residence in Kuwait and visits to UK
6 – Mine and my children previous passport confirming our several visits to Kuwait and UK
7 – My Job letter from my employee confirming my salary, my start date of employment and my current status of job contract (permanent / full time)
8 – My 6 month bank statements confirming my salary and funds in the account.
9 – My property rental agreement
10 - Letter from the landlord confirming of contract renewal after every 6 months including no objection for my wife and her son staying in the house (we all have been living in the property already for almost 7 months).
10 – Housing inspection report for UK entry clearance
11 – Council tax letter, Energy Bill
13 – Photographs from engagement to marriage and various holidays taken together as family
14 – Proof that I will be sending her maintenance every month to India till she arrives back
15 – Our initial contact e-mails records and my Kuwait employment contract
16 – My divorce certificate (I don’t think this will be needed but in case)
17 - VAF4A and Appendix 2
18 - TB test result and IELTS Life Skills Test

Am I missing something or have overlooked anything. Please do let me know as any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Not all those people must certify the marriage certificate. I'm not sure some of them would even do that. You just need one professional translation from the original into English.

You also need six pay slips showing your salary going into the bank.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason why the marriage certificate was certified by so many different bodies because it is from a Kuwait and is going to be used in India as official document where it will be submitted to a British embassy. Any official document issued by one country and one need to use in another you have to get them certified by the issuing country foreign office.

Thanks for reminding me as I will be substituting my latest 6 month pay slips as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I Need Proof of Living Together

To all senior Members,

As my wife and her son was staying with me in London on Family visit visa for almost 2 years, on and off, do I have to proof that we were living together in the same house. Given the fact that she was a visitor she can not have any bills on her name neither can she open a bank account in UK so how can I prove this that while in UK she and her son were staying with me.

Although she have previously received letter from my kids school confirming that she is dropping and collecting them from school and also from my mother's GP that she accompanied my mother for her appointments to GP and help her in the house with day to day chores but these letter will be more than 6 months old by the time she will apply for the spouse visa in Jan 2016.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
UK doesn't require official document from another country to be legalised (apostilled). So you can just submit Kuwaiti marriage certificate professionally translated into English for your UK visa application.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You Joppa and AmyD,

You have been very helpful.

I have written the following sponsorship letter and was wondering if someone can have a quick read through and provide some feedback.

To Entrance Clearance Officer,
New Delhi,
India

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is a letter of sponsorship for my spouse ------ and her son ----- in their application for the United Kingdom settlement visa.

We were first introduced by a family friend and our first contact was on 5th May 2009 via e-mail. We exchanged numerous e–mails and phone calls over the next few weeks till I visited Kuwait to meet her and her family face to face on 22nd May 2009. After face to face meeting and spending time together we made our families aware of our intentions of wanting to get engaged and the ceremony took place on 25th May 2009 in Kuwait. The photos of the ceremony are attached at which me and my spouse with her parents and friends are present and also attached is the e-ticket for my trip to Kuwait. My old passport is also attached confirming the entry and exit stamp stamps to and from Kuwait.

Over the next few months we mainly kept in touch through telephone using calling cards and e-mails. I sponsored my spouse and her son to visit me and my family and she and her son was granted multiple entry visit visa by British High Commission Kuwait and she arrived in UK with her son on 23rd July for 17 days. She stayed at our family home and photos of her and her son with my children and family are attached together with her and her son’s old passports showing the visa and entry / exit stamps to and from UK.

I was offered a job in Kuwait by ----- and my spouse visited me on 9th September 2009 for 3 days to help me pack and relocate to Kuwait with my 2 children ----------------- on 12th September 2009. After few months of marriage planning & arrangements we finally tied the Knot on 9th November 2009 (Official Marriage Registration Kuwait) at which her whole extended family from Kuwait and India was present and my extended family & friends from UK also attended. The officially translated and certified Marriage transcript is provided together with the ceremony photos.

Since our marriage me & my partner always lived together with our 3 children, first in Kuwait and later in UK sharing lots of memorable family moments and taken various holidays together including yearly trips to UK to visit my family, in February 2011 Dubai and February 2012 Saudi Arabia. All our old passports are provided as proof of our family holidays.

Me and my spouse share many interests together including movies, music, food and I am particularly struck by her sense of humour, transparent honesty and deep sense of commitment. Our children have built a very strong bond between them and have many mutual friends within our extended family and circle of friends. To have my partner and her son back with us in the UK would provide us with the opportunity to live again as a loving family.

I am currently living in rented accommodation which has enough rooms for me, my spouse and our 3 children. The property survey report under the new "Housing Health and Safety Rating System enacted under the Housing Act 2004, and its permitted level of occupation to avoid overcrowding", is provided together with the no objection letter from the Landlord confirming that the property is for our exclusive use and of contract renewal at the end of each tenancy period.

If this application is successful, we look forward to making the United Kingdom our home and to live once again as family unit.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NHS Surcharge

Dear All,

I have been informed that apart from the visa fee for the spouse she also have to pay NHS surcharge before submitting her application.

Please could someone confirm this for me as she will be applying from India.

Kind regards

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
English test for Spouse Visa IELTS A1 or B1

Dear All,

Please could someone confirm if the English certificate required for Spouse visa is IELTS Life Skills A1 or IELTS Life Skills B1 as my wife will be applying for her spouse visa from India in January 2016.

Thank you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No reply rceived

Dear All,

I have posted some questions but did not receive any reply from any of the members.

Please could someone kindly provide me with the requested information.

Thanking you all in advance.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
child Benefit and Tax Credit

Thank you WhatShoulweDo for your reply.

A quick question regarding the child benefit and child tax credit which comes into my account. Would that effect the spouse visa in any way. Do they consider this to be government fund as I am entitled to it working full time and as a UK tax payer.

Your quick answer would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.