Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a British Citizen living in the UK with my fiancee. We are getting married in UK next summer. We are both teachers so we will be coming over in June and returning in August back to our jobs in the USA.

My question is, how soon should we apply for the Fiancee visa? I know it has an expiration date so we dont want to apply too early and it expires before we are ready to go (in June) but we also dont want to apply too late and not have it come in time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
First, it's marriage visitor visa you want, not fiancée visa which is for those who want to settle in UK afterwards.
You can apply up to 3 months before your proposed date of travel, and processing time is around 2-3 weeks. The visa is valid 6 months. So you can apply from March, but I would do it in early April clearly stating June as your travel date, which is plenty in advance. There is an odd chance that despite your June travel date, Home Office may still make the visa valid from the date of issue in April/May, but even then, it will still be valid when you are coming back in August.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big help. Thank you. And wirh the visa applicawe send in proof of intent to return, relationship etc right? Or does it not matter as much with this one? Thanks

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
The first is very important, the second far less so. Just include details of your wedding arrangement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.