Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team, I will be going into the Australian UK application center on the 06/07/15 to provide my Marriage Visit Visa (used the fast track service).

I completed my application would like like to ask if there is anything missing so I can provide before the 06/07/015.

Just a little background on my visa request. I was working/living in the UK between March 2013 - March 2015. I meet my partner on August 2013 and we started dating. My partner is an Italian national but has been living in London for the past 7 years. In July 2014 we moved in to together and lived together up until March 2015.

When my visa expired in March 2015 I returned back to Australia and we decided on going through civil partnership.

The documents I have provided are:

- Application form
- Fast track service receipt
- Appointment confirmation
- A quote from flight center to prove I will only be visiting London for 6 weeks and intending to leave as soon as we are married.
- We will have a celebration of marriage in Italy and I have already booked my flights from London Stansted to Pisa Airport so I have provided flight confirmations.
- Email I received from my employer to show my current jobs start date and date I am contracted to (I am providing this to show I need to come back to Australia to work).
- A email trail from a venue we have chosen in London to have our celebration of our wedding
- Original copies of bank statement (3 months) & my payslips from my work for the past 5 weeks as I have been employed for this time
- Notice to give civil partnership confirmation received from the council
- A Facebook group created by me and my partner inviting our friends and my partners family to attend celebration drinks at a Venue in Italy.
- A face book printing to confirm how long I have been friends with my partner and previous posts on her wall
- Copies of transaction receipts to show I have been transferring money to my partner to save for our wedding since I returned back to OZ
- A colleague of pictures between me and my partner to show we are in a genuine relationship
- Original hand written letter by my partner to confirm I will be living with her during my stay and also the letter confirms she will support me if more funds are required to support our trip (she has about 40 000 GBP in her bank account). Original copies of last 3 months of her bank statements.
- A time line of our travel and future plans

Can use please provide advice on anything else I am missing out on.. I will greatly appreciate this. Thank you :)

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
What do you want to achieve? If you want to live together in UK, you can go for EEA family permit on account of your partner's Italian citizenship. Even though you haven't lived together for 2 years, showing intention to marry and other evidence of a genuine relationship will probably be acceptable. It will be easier if you are already married.
If all you want is to marry in UK and return to Australia or live together in Italy, marriage visit visa will be fine. You can marry on that visa and then apply for residence card as family member of an EEA citizen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Joppa, thank you for your response. This site has helped me heaps and your valuable comments also. I thank you for the time and effort you put into this and i would imagine how much you have helped others. My aim will be to come into the UK to marry. Than within 6 six comes back to Australia. Than apply for a member of an EEA citizen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.