Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Guy I am 22 and this is my first post.

Ill apologise in advance because I'm sure this has been done many times, however my situation is a little different from what I've seen on here in the other discussions.

I am a student about to graduate in 6 months time, my US girlfriend is also a student but is studying medicine and so has 6 years left of her course. My aim is to propose at Christmas and get out to the US and live with her on a permanent basis as soon as I graduate in May and then work whilst she finishes school. We want to get married as soon as possible really, it doesn't matter whether we marry in the UK or the US, whichever means we will be able to live together.

However, after hours of looking at possible ways to get VISAs it seems that unless my girlfriend has a property and a sustainable income I have no chance of getting out there. Obviously as a student she does not have any assets and as I mentioned because she is doing medicine it will be many many years before she has any assets whatsoever.

So if anyone could help me out and tell me what the best way for us to be together is I'd be so grateful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts