Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i worry about how long a Marriage Visitor Visa takes from New York. i understand it taks 20 days/3weeks, And i would liketo leave on June 28/2015 (ready to book my flight )

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ejw07,

I'm not from the USA but If you read the stats on the gov.uk site under marriage visa time frame, (don't ask where i found it) but 99% of people get their visa's within 3weeks, provided that all the documents are correct. I could be wrong but I do not think the country that you come from matters. I think its based on the UK themselves. So the likelihood of getting your visa in 3weeks in pretty high.

June is quiet tight but if you've booked a flight, im pretty sure they take that into consideration.

Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really dont think they would take the flight-booked into consideration.. thats why i did not book t yet i have it ready to go for the 28/june 8:30PM

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Visa application guidance states you should not book travel until you have your visa in hand, and no compensation is paid if you cannot use your pre-booked passage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
aaah I see. Sorry for giving you the wrong info ejw07..

I was told by the place I'm booking at and by fellow colleagues who have just booked their trips and received their visa's that it's best to have a booked return flight to prove that you are returning to your home country.

but noted and will apply before booking :) thanks !!

·
Registered
171 Posts
They don't take your proposed flight itinerary into consideration in terms of visa processing time - It's understood that at the time of your application, you have allowed for adequate time before your intended travel to have everything in place. If, for instance, you submitted your application two weeks before your intended date of travel, Home Office wouldn't exactly be bustling to get your application processed any faster due to your poor planning.

And yes, definitely have a return flight booked for a non-settlement visa :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aaah I see. Sorry for giving you the wrong info ejw07..

I was told by the place I'm booking at and by fellow colleagues who have just booked their trips and received their visa's that it's best to have a booked return flight to prove that you are returning to your home country.

but noted and will apply before booking :) thanks !!
No worries, i kind of figured that out,, i have a seat just need to let them know once i get my visa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.