Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'd hugely appreciate if someone could clarify which documents to send as supporting evidence for a marriage visa.
My husband is British and we currently live in Brazil.

In terms of financial evidence, we intend to show savings in my husband's British bank account. Would a bank statement be enough? Or do we need a signed letter?

In terms of the evidence for accomodation - we intend to go to my mother-in-law's for the first few weeks. Do we need a signed letter by her?

In terms of my current employment - I am self employed, but currently living of my savings. Is it worth it getting into that? I'd like to avoid having bank statements translated if possible. Is it ok to say I'm a stay at home mum?

Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hello,

I'd hugely appreciate if someone could clarify which documents to send as supporting evidence for a marriage visa.

In terms of financial evidence, we intend to show savings in my husband's British bank account. Would a bank statement be enough? Or do we need a signed letter?

In terms of the evidence for accomodation - we intend to go to my mother-in-law's for the first few weeks. Do we need a signed letter by her?

In terms of my current employment - I am self employed, but currently living of my savings. Is it worth it getting into that? I'd like to avoid having bank statements translated if possible. Is it ok to say I'm a stay at home mum?

In terms of Accomodation, assume your Mother in Law is owner,you require a Letter from your M-in-Law, a Land Registry Record and or Title Deeds, and Council Tax Bill.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
In terms of savings, the required amount needs to be in your account for 6 months minimum (unless acquired via home sale).

You need to show 6 month banks statement and provide evidence as to how savings were obtained.

If you qualify using savings alone, then you do not need to include anything about your employment.

Reactions: meiroz

·
Banned
69 Posts
In terms of savings, the required amount needs to be in your account for 6 months minimum (unless acquired via home sale).

You need to show 6 month banks statement and provide evidence as to how savings were obtained.

If you qualify using savings alone, then you do not need to include anything about your employment.
You dont need to show how savings were obtained - well I didnt just bank statements

·
Banned
69 Posts
Hello,

Marriage certifiacate if not UK needs translation. The translation needs notorising. Notorising needs appostille.
I just printed my bank statements and took them to branch for a stamp, but if they were sent by post they dont need stamp.
I first stayed with my dad, he had to show land reg document, morgage and have a surveyor write a brief report concerning space

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
You dont need to show how savings were obtained - well I didnt just bank statements
The following is taken from Appendix Fm-SE

11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided:
(a) personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(b) A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings.

Reactions: meiroz
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.