Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UK expat forum was really helpful in helping me simplify my visa to get into the UK, so I was wondering if I could get the same help going the other way!

I married my UK husband in Oct. 2011 and I moved to the UK in Nov. 2011. We are looking to go back early 2013 permanently and I completely overwhelmed as to where to start.

Also, we will be going back to the states to visit May of this year and we will be traveling together. What should we prepare for at customs?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The UK expat forum was really helpful in helping me simplify my visa to get into the UK, so I was wondering if I could get the same help going the other way!

I married my UK husband in Oct. 2011 and I moved to the UK in Nov. 2011. We are looking to go back early 2013 permanently and I completely overwhelmed as to where to start.

Also, we will be going back to the states to visit May of this year and we will be traveling together. What should we prepare for at customs?
Immigrant Visas | Embassy of the United States London, UK

·
Registered
7,590 Posts

You will need to apply for a spouse visa for your husband to live in the US

Go here for starters:

USCIS - Family of U.S. Citizens

Same as for the UK if you are sponsoring him you will need to provide evidence of monetary support etc.

For the visit in May you just need your relevant passports and tickets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the links, I was able to locate those on my own, all the wording is just so overwhelming.

Is there anyone on the board that has been through this process that could break it down in a more clear, concise way?

Also, in regards to us visiting in May, is there any chance he will be denied entry? Should we bring proof of our lease or his employment history just to be safe?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
thanks for the links, I was able to locate those on my own, all the wording is just so overwhelming.

Is there anyone on the board that has been through this process that could break it down in a more clear, concise way?

Also, in regards to us visiting in May, is there any chance he will be denied entry? Should we bring proof of our lease or his employment history just to be safe?
I would bring binding ties such as you mentioned. Just in case!

Have you secured appropriate sponsorship for Affidavit of Support?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts