Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Could someone please check if the list below contains all necessary documents?

• My passport
  • Husbands passport
  • marriage certificate
  • proof of language: ielts life skills
  • proof of accomodation: signed letter from mother in law
  • financial requirements: cash savings in Brazil, bank statements for last six months, officially translated. + my signed declaration of source of cash savings

What am I forgetting?

Thank you very much

·
Registered
924 Posts
That is not enough. Please search spouse visa documents checklist and you will see lists that people have prepared and submitted in the past.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Kimi2490.
I did check other threads.
I notice I forgot to include copies of all documents, and photographs.
Would you say anything else is missing?
Thank you very much
Isabel

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes, accommodation- a letter from mother in law? That is insufficient. You need a lot more than that. Especially if you are sharing her home. Mortgage statement, council tax bill, and property inspection report to confirm that overcrowding will not be a problem.

Also, any additional documents proving you have been living together in Brazil will also help. Not much, just like joint bank statements, joint bills , joint tenancy agreement etc.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If there's nothing in joint names then individually addressed official documents sent to the same address is fine too. Do not need to add many, just a couple over the past year or so is sufficient.
Just to strengthen your application.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If there's nothing in joint names then individually addressed official documents sent to the same address is fine too. Do not need to add many, just a couple over the past year or so is sufficient.
Just to strengthen your application.
Thanks a lot Kimi, that is very helpful.
I seem to have read in another thread that proof of living together was only necessary when asking for permanent leave to remain.
Since we are living in Brazil, our utilitie bills are all in Portuguese. But considering only the address is relevant, am I right in assuming that they would not need to be officially translated?

Thank you very much one more time.
Isabel.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You are right, proof of cohabitation is not strictly required for initial leave to remain as a spouse, when applying from outside UK, but it does help to strengthen the application.

I am not sure what the line on translating these documents is. Sorry, that's not helpful I know. Maybe someone else can answer that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dear all,

Could someone please check if the list below contains all necessary documents?

• My passport
  • Husbands passport
  • marriage certificate
  • proof of language: ielts life skills
  • proof of accomodation: signed letter from mother in law
  • financial requirements: cash savings in Brazil, bank statements for last six months, officially translated. + my signed declaration of source of cash savings

What am I forgetting?

Thank you very much
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...porting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.