Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: As an expat how do the police in Dubai verify whether you are married or not? Do they request a marriage certificate or do they contact the foreign consulate or the foreign country directly? or do they take your word for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
The best bet is not to get involved with the police!!! But if you are indeed married, then you should keep your marriage certificate with you from your home of record. If you have lost it, then I would suggest acquiring a registered copy of it.

Are you needing this for a visa application?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other way round, I am not married and share a flat with a girl.

I want to be prepared if I am pulled over by the police with a gril in my car.

The best bet is not to get involved with the police!!! But if you are indeed married, then you should keep your marriage certificate with you from your home of record. If you have lost it, then I would suggest acquiring a registered copy of it.

Are you needing this for a visa application?

·
Registered
364 Posts
It isn't illegal to share a car with an unmarried girl. That's Saudi Arabia you're thinking of.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
This may seem silly question, but when people are applying for visas, dont they have to put what address you are going to be living at??? And then they dont just keep that on record and know who is living with who? Or its not that high speed?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No its not that high tech. I lived in a hotel for 6 weeks then moved to an apartment without any need to have my residency adjusted

·
Registered
119 Posts
Question: As an expat how do the police in Dubai verify whether you are married or not? Do they request a marriage certificate or do they contact the foreign consulate or the foreign country directly? or do they take your word for it?

Thanks
Its fine to be with a female in the car ... no probs !!
you can have a girlfriend ... your just not allowed to live together or have sex or sleep together until u are married .. no intimacy ... !!
They dont go around checking if people are married because their together .. its just a case of IF there was a problem .. like say u had a row or something & the police were called .. then they would definately question you about this ..:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.