Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just a few questions I hope someone can help me out with. :)

I'm currently living and working with a CDI contract in France on a Holiday/vacances-travail visa which is running out soon.

I came here to be with my Girlfriend who i've been dating for now close to 3 years and we are PACSed. She is French and we both want to live here in France. Apparently, I need to leave when my visa expired even though we applied for a 'visa vie privee vie familiale' but haven't gotten a response yet. Also after my visa is finished can I just leave the Schengen area and return after one day? Like go to England for a quick visit? I have a working holiday visa as I said but it's also written long stay visa on my application form. I don't know if it's considered a titre long sejour here but apparently not.

My question is what's the best step to go from here?

My work is willing to help me out with a new visa through them, but that means that if I decide to leave that company after a year or so, I'll be in the same shoes as I am in now. "Seaching for the best way to live and work in France."
And doing this way can take up to 6 months and it's not guaranteed. Also I would like to return as quick as possible to continue my life here in France.

We've looked at the marriage option and getting married in France still means a lot of paper work from Australia and it also requires that i return to Australia which is fine, but what they say on the consulate website in Sydney is that i only get a "long stay visa" that requires a return ticket to Australia after a year. I thought that when you get married to a french citizen you could get a carte de sejour and work and stay in france for good. So why do i need a return ticket??? Can anyone explain this???

Also is it easier to get married in France or Australia?

And if we get married in Australia how do I have to still get a "Livret de Famille" to get my paperwork completed for my visa in France or is the Australian marriage certificate sufficient for the French embassy in France? They don't really specify on the website?

Any advice or help would be wonderful, I enjoy living here in France and am trying to do what's right to stay here in France without jeopardising any future chance of staying here.

Merci beaucoup.

Mike

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just a few questions I hope someone can help me out with. :)

I'm currently living and working with a CDI contract in France on a Holiday/vacances-travail visa which is running out soon.

I came here to be with my Girlfriend who i've been dating for now close to 3 years and we are PACSed. She is French and we both want to live here in France. Apparently, I need to leave when my visa expired even though we applied for a 'visa vie privee vie familiale' but haven't gotten a response yet. Also after my visa is finished can I just leave the Schengen area and return after one day? Like go to England for a quick visit? I have a working holiday visa as I said but it's also written long stay visa on my application form. I don't know if it's considered a titre long sejour here but apparently not.

My question is what's the best step to go from here?

My work is willing to help me out with a new visa through them, but that means that if I decide to leave that company after a year or so, I'll be in the same shoes as I am in now. "Seaching for the best way to live and work in France."
And doing this way can take up to 6 months and it's not guaranteed. Also I would like to return as quick as possible to continue my life here in France.

We've looked at the marriage option and getting married in France still means a lot of paper work from Australia and it also requires that i return to Australia which is fine, but what they say on the consulate website in Sydney is that i only get a "long stay visa" that requires a return ticket to Australia after a year. I thought that when you get married to a french citizen you could get a carte de sejour and work and stay in france for good. So why do i need a return ticket??? Can anyone explain this???

Also is it easier to get married in France or Australia?

And if we get married in Australia how do I have to still get a "Livret de Famille" to get my paperwork completed for my visa in France or is the Australian marriage certificate sufficient for the French embassy in France? They don't really specify on the website?

Any advice or help would be wonderful, I enjoy living here in France and am trying to do what's right to stay here in France without jeopardising any future chance of staying here.

Merci beaucoup.

Mike
Hi Mike,

My best answer will be for you to ask on the "France Expat Forum", because you'll find people who've been in your situation.
France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France - Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Most people here will only know the steps to get an Australian visa, and I really doubt anyone could know how it works in France. Even I don't know anything about it.. I'm bad, I know :D

You'll have great people on the France Forum, and good moderators, like Bevdeforges

Good luck mate :)

Reactions: mike7
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.