Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My son is an Australian citizen and will be marrying an Indian in India. I would like to know the procedures/documents required to get married. Do you think I should approach lawyers/advocates for this? I checked the website and getting lot of info(not sure which one is correct). I went to VFS here and they were not able to give me proper response as they said they do not know. I know the rules and procedures to apply for partner visa, but I do not know the procedures for marriage as I was told my son will be considered a foreigner in Indian soil. Any help/advice much appreciated. Any details regarding lawyers in Chennai, please provide.
Thanks
Anu

·
Registered
23,911 Posts
Hi,
My son is an Australian citizen and will be marrying an Indian in India. I would like to know the procedures/documents required to get married. Do you think I should approach lawyers/advocates for this? I checked the website and getting lot of info(not sure which one is correct). I went to VFS here and they were not able to give me proper response as they said they do not know. I know the rules and procedures to apply for partner visa, but I do not know the procedures for marriage as I was told my son will be considered a foreigner in Indian soil. Any help/advice much appreciated. Any details regarding lawyers in Chennai, please provide.
Thanks
Anu
In my opinion, as it the question of their daughters life, you should take the girls father recommendations for the lawyer name and the process to be followed

Cheers

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi,
Thanks
Anu
Best place to know about Marriage regulations is not VFS, but Indian High commission.

Indian high commission follows cerain rules set by Indian MEA , which ought be followed by an Indian willing to marry a foreigner in foreign land or An Indian willing to marry a foreigner in home country.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best place to know about Marriage regulations is not VFS, but Indian High commission.

Indian high commission follows cerain rules set by Indian MEA , which ought be followed by an Indian willing to marry a foreigner in foreign land or An Indian willing to marry a foreigner in home country.

Good luck
Thanks. will contact Indian High Commission.
Anu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts