Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Re: Marriage (Morocco)

I am getting legally married in Morocco next month and will subsequently applying for the UK spouse visa. We will not be having a wedding, so we wont have any actual wedding photos will that be an issue?

Please suggest any ideas?

P.S. My whole family will be flying out for 1 week.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
It might be an issue, especially as spouse visa applications from Africa/Middle East are scrutinised for the possibility of sham marriages. You should have some photographs of yourselves and the required witnesses together. If your whole family is flying out then take a photo of everyone even if it's not a traditional wedding ceremony

Reactions: Kbida

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your swift response.

Yes was thinking to take pics with my family and the in laws. My best friend is flying out too. It's going to be a small gathering, not a big fancy wedding.
I was also thinking to purchase a ring and take pics? Even purchase a "wedding" cake?

Anything else I can prove and show it is not a sham marriage?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
It's ok to not have a large wedding. But, if you were to get married with no one in attendance, it might raise suspicions. You don't need to go out of your way for any ceremony you don't want; for instance if you're not going to wear wedding rings normally then it doesn't make sense to buy them just for photos. Again it's really the people who marry in secret with no family or friends present who are under some suspicion. The photos with your witnesses and family should be fine, along with a brief explanation of the circumstances of your marriage in an introductory letter with the visa application.

Reactions: Kbida
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.