Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just applied for ACS. IELTS requirement is completed as well. I am expecting ACS result around the end of December or start of January 2014.

I am single right now. However, might get married during my immigartion process. Can I add my wife at anytime during the immigration process or do I have to add her when I launch my EOI.

Thank You for all the help and support

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can add your wife after during the visa processing stage. Just fill up form 1022 and add the details as required. Additionally, mention it to your CO that you might get married during the visa process.

ALl the best mate

Reactions: Mack1982

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

The same happened to me.
I got married after I was assigned a CO and I was asked to fill a 1022 form. The Case Officer asked for the translated marriage certificate and proof of English language sufficiency for my wife. He also requested few more documents and evidences to confirm the marriage was authentic including photos from the wedding/honeymoon, any invitations sent to us as a couple and a "Statement of relationship" written by both of us stating how we met, knew each other and that our relationship has been going on for at least 12 months.
Generally it won't be a problem to add your spouse during the process as long as you can prove it's an authentic marriage, but try to be ready with all the documents to avoid delays in processing.

Good Luck and Congrats

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for the replies.

a "Statement of relationship" written by both of us stating how we met, knew each other and that our relationship has been going on for at least 12 months.
How can you prove that you know each other "for at least 12 months" if you just got married?

·
Registered
80 Posts

How can you prove that you know each other "for at least 12 months" if you just got married?
Also, what if its an arranged marriage(according to Indian Culture), where you can't prove the on going relationship for 12 months??

How does DIAC deal/provide support with that??

"Pastures may appear greener on the other side of fence, but grass is always green where you water it" -Anonymous

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Basically if you are a legally married then you need to show evidence of genuine and continuing relationship in 4 categories:

1: financial aspect
2: nature of the household
3: social context
4: your commitment

Provide docs/pics/bills anything to prove these 4 points.

Best,

Girl Aussie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts