Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All trying find out thhow much time, since we have already set a day for the wedding august 24/2015 10AM (small), e have the email.i take it this is right way to do this.. Any other infromation i need

TY in advance

Giving notice at your local register office --- Done that.
For most marriages or civil partnerships you must give at least 28 full days’ notice at your local register office. Your notice will be publicly displayed in the register office for 28 days.

You may also need to give notice here if you plan to marry or form a civil partnership abroad. Ask the overseas authority if you’ll need a ‘certificate of no impediment’.

Contact your local register office to make an appointment.

You can only give notice at a register office if you have lived in the registration district for at least the past 7 days.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So you have given notice with the registry office already?

I'm not certain of your exact question... If I remember correctly, you have also applied for a marriage visitor visa and are simply awaiting the results, yes?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes ..I have given notice
and waiting for the get go so I can leave June 28 2015 ty all

·
Registered
171 Posts
That seems like a reasonable amount of time to have the visa. However, I nor no one else here can tell you for certain. You should be getting email updates to inform you that the application was received, and whenever it is updated. If not then you should probably call if it's been over 60 days and you've not heard anything.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry secretlobster. . Thought you were talking about the notice to marry that was done in march due to the new rules.
My application was sent in on the 19 May 2015, I got a notice last Tuesday saying they received it's in que

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.