Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

My name is Muhammad. My to be wife has been invited for visa by DIBP on 7th May. We are getting married next week and I want to apply as her partner in the same application. We are from Pakistan. Can someone please guide me what kind of marriage certificate is acceptable by DIBP. Will it be be from court or the Union Counil? If anyone has personal experience that will appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
You need to obtain a computerized marriage certificate from NADRA.

Reactions: msaeed

·
Registered
49 Posts
Once you register your marriage (nikkah) at Union Council, they will issue you Computerized marriage certificate ( printed on official NADRA form ).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But my father went to Nadra office and they said that they don't deal with marriage certificate. It's Union Council. What do I do?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Union Council where your Nikkah registrar registers your nikkah, issues Marriage certificate. NOT Nadra.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what you're saying that the Qazi should make the nikah on the paper issued by Nadra with its strip and then it's made by Union Council?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ask the same Qazi who is going to do your Nikah that you need Nadra Nikah namaa, they will do all the paper work for you and will give it to you the Nadra issued Mariage certificate with UC stamp on it..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all. Is there anything else that me or my wife needs to take care of or do something with regards to our visa application?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts