Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone!

I am a Malaysian Citizen and my fiance is a Swiss who is currently working in the UK. We got engage a few months ago! YAY! As now I am back in Malaysia and in the midst of applying for EEA Family Permit, I am wondering if by successfully getting confirmation for an EEA Family Permit which requires me to stay in the UK for up to 6 months, are we allowed to get married in the UK? Does it need to be within those 6 months? Or we can get married some place else and register our marriage after that in the UK? (UK is expensive!haha)

And for the supporting documents, is it recommended to include an index on the front page? (I am thinking of using an arch lever file, the one which I need to punch holes at the side). Or should I just put everything into a L-shaped transparent file with the supporting documents arranged according to the list of supporting documents for the EEA Family Permit?

Hope someone can help me!

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
As far as I can recall, EEA family permit for the unmarried such as fiancee is only issued for those in durable relationship, which in case of UK means two years of cohabitation. If you don't have it, you can't get the permit. So marry outside UK, apply for family permit and then after arrival go for 5-year residence card.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi I just saw your forum here and it seen like we have same problem. I am malaysian and my husband is italian, he living at london. we just get married last month at london council so now we wish to apply the eea family visa. but the problem is I didnt find the one website, can you send me the link of the eea family visa website?? many thanks from me.

Jennifer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.