Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marriage abroad vs fiancé visa first

Dear well informed forum members,

I am having a big dilemma regarding (ultimately) spouse Visa for UK for my peruvian fiance.

We have known each other since February, met first in May, then traveled a bit together, then I was back to Peru in August for 2 weeks and I did engage her, and we are planning to move together.

we have many photos together, with her family, picture and video from engagement, we talk every day, we can prove that. so it should look authentic for the deciding officials:)

so we have 2 options:

1. we could get married in Peru in 2 months time
with No Impediment Certificate + Birth certificate (+ Apostille for both)
then translated there officially
then have our marriage certificate, translated, then taken to the British embassy for approval, then she could apply for the Spouse Visa (we intend to use priority service btw).

2. apply for the fiancé visa (do the TBC test, IELTS exam)
I have the minimum financial requirement , will rent a flat just for us.

my question is:
which version would be more bulletproof?

she really wants to work asap, and we think the marriage and the spouse visa is just a stronger case, but it is just a guess.
It looks, the marriage abroad is a bit more complicated

Does anybody have some experience with the tendency of approvals?

many thanks for the help in advance.
:pray2:

Richard

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
All that matters is meeting the requirements. If possible, people skip the fiancé visa and marry elsewhere to avoid the cost of another visa. As long as your Peruvian marriage is officially recognised--there is no approval option at an embassy, it's fine. So, if you are married by the registrar or whoever can officially performs marriage ceremonies, your marriage will be recognised in the UK.

·
Registered
77 Posts
we've chosen to get marry outside UK in Malaysia my home country, due to the hassle of one more visa pain to go thru lol

and to get marry to a foreigner, Malaysia is not the easiest place to do too, we've been thru so many ups and downs obtain this doc that doc went to lawyer office to get notary sign, went to british high comms to get his "single status" etc etc up to a point we almost wanted to give up and fly to Vegas to get it done :D good memories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.