Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I'm applying for a marriage visitor visa for the UK to marry a British Citizen whom I met in Mumbai. As a PIO holder he too lives in Mumbai for long periods for work. On my last trip to UK as a visitor (my sister is married there so I'm a frequent traveller to the UK) his marriage proposal had me pleasantly surprised. Considering I work in Mumbai and don't plan a long term stay in the UK; we decided a Marriage Visitor Visa will suit me just fine. I can give a notice of marriage, wait 28 days and follow it up with civil ceremony I believe? We plan to go Europe straight after for 2 weeks and I'll return to UK to spend a week with my in laws and leave for India after. I hope I would be OK entering the UK again after the wedding and our European holiday as it would still be within the six month time frame?

Also, all my applications till date have 'SINGLE' as my marital status. However, now I'm confused whether this needs changing to Fiance considering it's a visit to marry!
The confusion lies amongst these categories - single, fiancé, unmarried partner...could you suggest what's apt please as I don't wish to take a chance in such an important matter.

Many thanks for your time and assistance.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
You are still single when you apply. Don't choose fiancé as it may lead to settlement visa category.
You will probably be ok returning briefly to UK after your marriage, though expect some questions at UK border. They will want to know you won't overstay and go back to India before your visa expires. I think smarter way is to spend a week with in-laws before your trip to Continental Europe, and then return home from there without going back to UK, i.e. get an open jaw ticket, such as Mumbai to London, Paris to Mumbai, though you may have to deal with more luggage than you want for your honeymoon trip. Get your Schengen visa before leaving India.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much Joppa! Solves the confusion. I did think about swapping the holiday plan but the luggage issues got me. Will try and work around it! Thanks much for the quick revert!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.