Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The JBR side of it anyway.

Just over an hour ago I decided to go out for a walk and find somewhere to have dinner, thought either Marina Mall or JBR Walk. So I set off from beside the restaurants at the bottom of Marina Tower, expecting to find an exit along the way either leading up to street level beside JBR or access to one of the many bridges crossing the Marina.

Well I was wrong. I walked and walked and walked and walked. Until I came to a dead end. At this point I had walked further than Marina Mall on my left and Oasis Beach Tower on my right. So I had to turn back and walk all the way back to where I started with an empty belly.

While that was frustrating, that's not the basis for this rant. I was in no way prepared for what I was going to see. The litter strewn absolutely everywhere was disappointing, the many obstacles to climb over (or through) were a nuisance, the waste water from the building sites gushing into the Marina wasn't pleasant.

But all that pales in comparison with the legions of rats scurrying everywhere. Luckily they were more scared of me than I was of them. But then I started to notice the pavement was littered with dead rats too and with the complete lack of lighting, they were hard to distinguish from the normal litter until I was almost standing on them.

Needless to say, I'm no longer hungry. What a shameful sight indeed.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
The JBR side of it anyway.

Just over an hour ago I decided to go out for a walk and find somewhere to have dinner, thought either Marina Mall or JBR Walk. So I set off from beside the restaurants at the bottom of Marina Tower, expecting to find an exit along the way either leading up to street level beside JBR or access to one of the many bridges crossing the Marina.

Well I was wrong. I walked and walked and walked and walked. Until I came to a dead end. At this point I had walked further than Marina Mall on my left and Oasis Beach Tower on my right. So I had to turn back and walk all the way back to where I started with an empty belly.

While that was frustrating, that's not the basis for this rant. I was in no way prepared for what I was going to see. The litter strewn absolutely everywhere was disappointing, the many obstacles to climb over (or through) were a nuisance, the waste water from the building sites gushing into the Marina wasn't pleasant.

But all that pales in comparison with the legions of rats scurrying everywhere. Luckily they were more scared of me than I was of them. But then I started to notice the pavement was littered with dead rats too and with the complete lack of lighting, they were hard to distinguish from the normal litter until I was almost standing on them.

Needless to say, I'm no longer hungry. What a shameful sight indeed.

Really? I have never heard of this.

Have you called the Municipality to get them to sort it out??

-

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are exits from there onto every bridge - the gravel paths by the side that lead up to the bridge - i run around this course frequently..
I can assure that there are not, certainly as of last night anyway, it's pretty much blocked off for construction from the Dusit Residence all the way round.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.