Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

i am in a very big confusion at this moment if i should hire MARA agent for all the PR related process and documentation or explore everything myself. Agents are charging from 1.25 to 1.75 lacs for all processing from Skill assesment to PR application to DIBP.

Please help me to choose best way for starting process of subclass visa 189. I have already passed ielts exam with 7.0 band each score.

Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi,

There are several threads explaining the process so you should have no issues if you decide to fill it yourself.

if you have the required documents and its a straight forward case , you can always do it yourself and save the money for when you land in Oz.

if you are doubtful , then this community is always there to help..Cheers!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hello friends,

i am in a very big confusion at this moment if i should hire MARA agent for all the PR related process and documentation or explore everything myself. Agents are charging from 1.25 to 1.75 lacs for all processing from Skill assesment to PR application to DIBP.

Please help me to choose best way for starting process of subclass visa 189. I have already passed ielts exam with 7.0 band each score.

Thanks
It really depend on what you are after. The easy route surely is to use an agent as you have on point of contact for all your queries. He also should advice you exactly of what needs to be provided by when in which format. The downside is it is quite costly... AND you are the one who has to collate all the documents anyway. Which in my experience is a major part of the work. The uploading itself is then straight forward.

If you do it yourself bear in mmd that it will b time consuming. BUT the official information on the DIBP is very good and if you use the experience you find in this forum in addition you will be fine.

I have done both ways, 457 with agent and 189 without an agent. And apart from obtaining information about the process my tasks were pretty much the same.

However, I reckon that for a person who is not very organized/structured this process might have some (expensive) pitfalls. In which case an agent might be the better choice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ ben-hh , @ brisbane_bound. Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have contacted MARA agents in australia as well and also in India. MARa agents from India are charging heavily than from australia. But problem with Aus MARA agent is follow up. I have to ring so many times and drop emails again and again to get a single reply. Even sometimes have to contact them through local friends in Australia.
Process is clear and not very complicated. Only thing which is pushing to agents is fear of anything wrong in application which may affect or delay the overall process.

·
Registered
528 Posts
@ ben-hh , @ brisbane_bound. Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have contacted MARA agents in australia as well and also in India. MARa agents from India are charging heavily than from australia. But problem with Aus MARA agent is follow up. I have to ring so many times and drop emails again and again to get a single reply. Even sometimes have to contact them through local friends in Australia.
Process is clear and not very complicated. Only thing which is pushing to agents is fear of anything wrong in application which may affect or delay the overall process.
If you decide to hire services of a MARA agent than go for the local reputable agent with whom you can followup easily .... Otherwise, the info is available on the DIBP website and in this forums... process is very well defined and simple to follow (unless your case is not straightforward) but as Ben-hh said ... you have to invest your time and be organized in order to do it yourself ...

Wish u all the best ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you decide to hire services of a MARA agent than go for the local reputable agent with whom you can followup easily .... Otherwise, the info is available on the DIBP website and in this forums... process is very well defined and simple to follow (unless your case is not straightforward) but as Ben-hh said ... you have to invest your time and be organized in order to do it yourself ...

Wish u all the best ...
Can u please tell me if you are took services of MARA agent or u r preparing everything by self? I am also a mechanical engineer with 4+ years of experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
just answer the following question yourself - will you have the time to do all research by yourself? If yes, do a self-application. If not, then go with an agent.

Its not as if going with an agent guarantees your visa. But sometimes, it saves time and your efforts (if the agent is professional and honest enough!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i can do all the process by myself too. and Anyway i am planning to leave my current job, so i will have to enough time too for all reasearch.
The first step i need to take is skill assesment. I have sample CDR's but not relevant to my field. I work in refinery and sample CDR are of automtive field.
CDR is i think one's own work and even if i hire agent, he will not have the capability to assess that.
What is your view in that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need some help with applying for an Australian PR under 189 or 190.
My details are:
DOB: 13-04-1976, Married with 2 kids
Work Exp : 12+ years total in IT Front end UI technologies.
IELTS score - L/R/W/S - 9/7/7/7
Interested in Australian Visa Category of:
Subclass 189 - Generic PR Visa
Subclass 190 - State Sponsorship

Education:
Bcom (1998 from Delhi University)
3 years Diploma in computers (NIIT, 2000)
MSC-IT (Karnataka State Open Univ. in 2004, 1 year course as it was a lateral entry into 3rd semester based on my Diploma)

My problem here is that my basic regular education is Bcom and I have IT experience, Secondly the MSC-IT (distance learning) i did was a lateral entry directly into 3rd semester based on my Diploma in computers for 3 years from NIIT (this is again private education). So if I apply with ACS for evaluation of my education and professional experience, would ACS consider my MSC as masters and if not how many years of work experience would be deducted? Even if they consider still how many yrs of experience would be deducted?
I am in a dilemma, please help me out to sort these, if things get cleared at this stage i would be in a position to go through with the process, would appreciate help on the matter. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
My details are:

Education:
MSC-IT (Karnataka State Open Univ. in 2004, 1 year course as it was a lateral entry into 3rd semester based on my Diploma)

My problem here is that my basic regular education is Bcom and I have IT experience, Secondly the MSC-IT (distance learning) i did was a lateral entry directly into 3rd semester based on my Diploma in computers for 3 years from NIIT (this is again private education). So if I apply with ACS for evaluation of my education and professional experience, would ACS consider my MSC as masters and if not how many years of work experience would be deducted? Even if they consider still how many yrs of experience would be deducted?
I am in a dilemma, please help me out to sort these, if things get cleared at this stage i would be in a position to go through with the process, would appreciate help on the matter. Thanks
Have u started your process already?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My details are:

Education:

Mine too is a similar situation. I am planning to apply for 189/190 and thinking of applying with ACS for evaluation of my education and professional experience and if successful would seek the service of a MARA agent to apply for EOI. Please suggest

My details

DOB: 26-09-1974, Married with 2 kids
Work Exp : 17+ years total in IT (Software Architect)

Education:
BSc Mathematics (1995 from Mumbai University)
2 years PG in software technology (NCST 1998, now taken over by CDAC)

Any idea if ACS will consider my educational qualification and professional experience suitable for my skill or will they ask for RPL?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts