Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been coming to Thailand for some 30+ years. I'm a big traveler, 122 countries so far but due to some circumstances I'm needing to live abroad and Bangkok is on my short list for price etc.
Any ideas on living there and finding good western style well priced furnished apt ?
Thank you
M

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I've been coming to Thailand for some 30+ years. I'm a big traveler, 122 countries so far but due to some circumstances I'm needing to live abroad and Bangkok is on my short list for price etc.
Any ideas on living there and finding good western style well priced furnished apt ?
Thank you
M
Howdy and welcome. The Thailand page is a bit quiet lately so hopefully you'll get a few replies before long.
Sorry I am unable to help with info on Thailand as we are in the Philippines.

Best of luck

Jet Lag

·
Registered
127 Posts
My wife and I have a history similar to yours, though we've been to less countries - about 50 in all, living, working, and just visiting. First visited Thailand in 1984, and can't count the number of times we have been back.

We retired to Thailand 4 years ago, and chose Naklua, just north of Pattaya on the coast. Very modern condo (rented) with a spectacular sea view, and a slew of restaurants, stores, etc, all within easy walking distance. Just over an hour to Suvarnabhumi when we get the urge to travel.

Not terribly familiar with with real estate in Bangkok but I have no doubt that your options abound. With traffic whay it is up there, you want to be sure to have easy access to the Skytrain and the MRT. Life will be a whole lot more pleasant if you do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
- The cost of living here in Bangkok is very friendly and there're plenty of nice apartments. Developers are rushing to launch projects to capture the demand from growing middle class.
- Road traffic is not so friendly. If you don't want to own a car, travelling with the BTS/MRT is quite convenient,
- Great and cheap foods! with so much varities

I also own an apartment here in Sathorn areas but considering moving out soon as I'm getting married

1 - 6 of 6 Posts