Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have no idea if this is legal or not but...

I make bit of money off publishing games, advertising and from a youtube channel, those are directly transfered to my bank and im just wondering if that's fine without having to obtain some kind of business license or something in Dubai? will my banks in uae notice the money coming in on my accounts and start questioning here ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
to write this better, if i have an internet income and i'm living in Dubai, do i have to disclose it to anyone?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Use a UK bank, who will know?

You do have an issue with an employment visa though - if you're already employed you will need a NOC from your employer for your part time job and then you're covered.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Use a UK bank, who will know?

You do have an issue with an employment visa though - if you're already employed you will need a NOC from your employer for your part time job and then you're covered.
Hi,
Surely, if you use a UK bank account - then that is classed as UK income - and would be subject to UK income tax (even if you are non-resident for tax purposes).
The internet and online earnings is certainly making it more complicated for people (and the authorities) to determine their tax affairs.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Hi,
Surely, if you use a UK bank account - then that is classed as UK income - and would be subject to UK income tax (even if you are non-resident for tax purposes).
The internet and online earnings is certainly making it more complicated for people (and the authorities) to determine their tax affairs.
Cheers
Steve
I've always been paid into my UK Account, never had any issues as it's not earned in the UK and I have no assets there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife is an Irish trained chartered accountant and tax consultant with big 4 company.Irish tax laws are based on UK so they are pretty similar and she says that if you are resident in the UAE you wont pay tax on any income that is payed into an Irish bank account so i would think the same applies for the UK. It gets more complicated if you only intend on staying in the UAE for a short period of time and also be careful on the amount of days you spend in the UK on vacation over a 12 month period.

·
Super Moderator
6,963 Posts
My wife is an Irish trained chartered accountant and tax consultant with big 4 company.Irish tax laws are based on UK so they are pretty similar and she says that if you are resident in the UAE you wont pay tax on any income that is payed into an Irish bank account so i would think the same applies for the UK. It gets more complicated if you only intend on staying in the UAE for a short period of time and also be careful on the amount of days you spend in the UK on vacation over a 12 month period.
Hi,
It gets complicated if you pay money into a UK account from the UAE - if you can't show either a UAE job contract (to prove you work for a UAE company) or evidence that you are the legitimate owner of a UAE registered company.
As I previously stated - it gets even harder when you make money online!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to clarify, i live with my parents and have no real job, But i earn almost as much as them through online income and have it transferred to my Emirates NBD bank account.

·
Super Moderator
6,963 Posts
to clarify, i live with my parents and have no real job, But i earn almost as much as them through online income and have it transferred to my Emirates NBD bank account.
Ask an expert - pay for advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts