Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm moving to Bordeaux in April. I'm Irish.26. and a primary school teacher. I speak good French as i studied it in university but am just hoping to hear from english speaking people in Bordeaux who can tell me about the lifestyle and people there. Also, any information about the job market would be grately appreciated. Fiona :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Fiona,

We are moving to Grand-Castang in early March. That seems to be about 2 hours from Bordeaux, maybe a bit less.

We've not been around the Bordeaux region, but around Bergerac, which is probably the closest large town to us, it seems really friendly, even with my limited French (at the time), I speak a lot better French now.

They seem to take to the English a lot better down there than in Paris.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin (22) & Sarah (24)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Hi Fiona

I am 27 and a recent new mover to Bordeaux! I moved here from Cambridge in January with my boyfriend - he has a 2 year contract here.

We have now sorted our appartment, internet, tv, phone, mobiles, insurance and a million other things we never thought of before we moved! :)

I will try and answer any questions you have...as for job market, I have found that tough to understand, navigate and find work - but you sound like you may have more french than me which would be a definite advantage.

My email add is jhanby @ hotmail . com (no spaces in reality but I cant add the address here in full!) if you did want to contact me or try and pick my brains.

Jill

Hello I'm moving to Bordeaux in April. I'm Irish.26. and a primary school teacher. I speak good French as i studied it in university but am just hoping to hear from english speaking people in Bordeaux who can tell me about the lifestyle and people there. Also, any information about the job market would be grately appreciated. Fiona :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.