Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,

I got my PR(189) on March 20th 2015. Next month i.e. in August I will be going to Perth on a leisure trip for 10 days with my wife, which will satisfy the 1 year clause as well in my PR. I'm planning to make a permanent move to Australia sometime in year 2016.

I want to know, do I need to carry any other document apart from my Visa grant print out and passport? And is my assumption correct to satisfy 1 year clause this way? What do I tell the officer at immigration check counter , am I here for leisure or as a migrant?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nothing else is required, it satisfies the initial entry clause and then you can make multiple entries in Australia in next 4 years. You don't need to specify your plans at the immigration check unless you're asked for.

Reactions: sanjeev.nandal

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Since you're travelling for a holiday, you'd respond that's the reason for your trip.

Reactions: sanjeev.nandal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Making first entry

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me what is the time frame to make the first entry after the visa is granted.

Also i wanted to know , if there is any clause that after i have had made the first entry , i cannot stay more than 6 months in any country other than Australia?

What if i cannot find a job , that is the reason am checking.

Thanks,
Sandhya

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi,

The first entry is to be made 1 year from medicals/pcc whichever is earlier.

After you made your first entry you have till 5 years from the date you have been granted a visa to make a entry again. But if you havent lived in australia in those 5 year period then it will raise a question at the time you apply for RRV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts