Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got to sydney and landed a flat and quickly learned that it's the norm to bring your own refrigerator and washer/dryer. does anyone know where the best place to purchase these items would be? i'm used to major retailers like sears, best buy, etc in the states and was wondering if there was something similar in sydney.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Cristina:

See the Sticky posts, but there are similar places and you can also (rent - called hire here) those things.

Places to check out:
The Good Guys
Radio Rentals
Winning Appliances
Appliances Online

i just got to sydney and landed a flat and quickly learned that it's the norm to bring your own refrigerator and washer/dryer. does anyone know where the best place to purchase these items would be? i'm used to major retailers like sears, best buy, etc in the states and was wondering if there was something similar in sydney.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can also check out craigslist/gumtree. I got my fridge and tv from there and I plan on doing the same for the washer/dryer. I paid about 50% of the cheapest price I found in stores and they're great. Just relocated at the New Year so I've been sorting all that out myself. Good luck with it all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts