Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was reading the maintenance and accommodation document and have a question. If my sponsor has been making above the financial requirement for over six months in the same job, how does the formula apply to me? The formula that A - B should not be less or equal to C.

I am applying for a fiance visa.

I also noticed that the calculation included council tax. Is the council tax bill a REQUIRED document? I don't have one but I guess I could order it. I was going to provide other bills in my application. Can someone help me figure out what applies to me and what doesn't and if this formula applies to me?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Maintenance requirement doesn't apply to you unless your sponsor gets certain disability-related benefit. For financial requirement, you only need to have an income of £18,600 gross a year.
For proof of occupation, you need either council tax bill/statement or utility bill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maintenance requirement doesn't apply to you unless your sponsor gets certain disability-related benefit. For financial requirement, you only need to have an income of £18,600 gross a year.
For proof of occupation, you need either council tax bill/statement or utility bill.
would my tenancy agreement be enough? and emails between me and the lettings agent? I am already on the tenancy and so is my fiance. I was on a different visa before so we moved to an accommodation (shared with two other people) and my fiance and i share a room. The landlord and letting agents have already said it is ok because they allowed 4 people to sign on for the property which has three bedrooms. My fiance and I have the the largest one with an ensuite. If my sponsor and I have already lived at this property and the landlord and letting agents have already agreed to allowing 4 people over three bedrooms, then do i really need an independent property inspection and a council tax bill? I am on the water bill, would that be an ok thing to include?

Sorry for all the questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.