Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I hold PR and am planning to move to AUS around July-Sep 2012. Before that I need to add my son who was born after the PR grant to the visa. I am a Mainframes developer with 9 years experience and so will be checking for opportunities in Sydney and Melbourne. I frequently check job sites like seek, careerjet, careerone etc and see there are opportunities though in limited numbers.

Can other Mainframes professionals in this forum advise if July is a good time to come to Aus for Job hunt or would it be better to wait till Feb/MArch 2013 (someone advised that opportunites are more during year beg)?
Also, I am aware that unless I am present in AUs, chances are less that I will be contacted for interviews..Any other advise?

It would be helpful to hear the feedback.

Regards,
Smita

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the visa for your son might take time, a few people I know applied for the visa then got a holiday visa fro teh lil one and moved here, they informed the CO about the move and as and when they are ready for the grant they will go to Newzealand or somewhere around and get the visa for the child.

as for the job, yes you have to be in AU as they want to speak to you, meet you in person before they send your CV to the employer. but it depends on how critical your skill is and how much in demand it is. I know a few people who managed getting a job while sitting in India, they had skype interview and are now working for those companies. it is all about networking, try linkedin, be very active there, mroe chances to be noticed and get lucky.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anjali -

Thanks for your response and suggestions..Yep, am on linked in..got a few consultants in Australia as contacts..Can you advise if July is a good month for job hunt or would the year beginning be better?

Thanks
Smita

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.